Press on nails to design for fashion show - Where to buy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire F

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Can you help? I have been asked by my friend to do the nails for her models for her fashion show and I have been reading about pre-designing nails so that all I have to do on the day would be to press them on the models - but I cannot find anywhere to find full nails for this purpose.

I think it would save me a lot of time on the day and a chance to be more creative!

Please let me know if you have done this, used them, or where to find them!

Thank you so much,
Claire xxx

If they don't need to be super long I usually use Kiss 'short oval'. These are full cover nails that fit most nails very well. If they need to be long then any 'full well' tips will work after pre shaping.

Good luck. remember to make about 12-14 for each model so there are a couple of thumb and couple of little finger sizes (the middle sizes are usually OK)

prostyles do them

Thank you so much for your reply! I will look up Kiss and thanks for the advice - I will make sure to have extras!

Claire x

If they don't need to be super long I usually use Kiss 'short oval'. These are full cover nails that fit most nails very well. If they need to be long then any 'full well' tips will work after pre shaping.

Good luck. remember to make about 12-14 for each model so there are a couple of thumb and couple of little finger sizes (the middle sizes are usually OK)

Hi...just a quick question, hope you can help :) I have been asked to do some nails for a photoshoot, a hand model is being used and we need to do 4 looks in one shoot with one model. As time is short and also I assume a professional hand model will not want enhancements I was planning on pre tailoring some tips. My question Is what do you use to attach the nails? I was thinking of using double sided tape or those double sided stickers that you can buy for full cover nails but wanted to see if there were any trade secrets you could let me in on? Thanks in advance :)

A hand model should have a good nail length and the fact there is a hand model suggests that there will be close up nails. If this is the case stick ons will look like stick ons. Unless they want some very complicated nail art it shouldn't take long to change the look.

My advice is to do it properly on the real nails if there are close ups

A hand model should have a good nail length and the fact there is a hand model suggests that there will be close up nails. If this is the case stick ons will look like stick ons. Unless they want some very complicated nail art it shouldn't take long to change the look.

My advice is to do it properly on the real nails if there are close ups

Ok thanks...we are planning on doing Some pretty long stiletto nails with minx plus polish and embellishments on a couple but will use the models own nails for the others...its hard as I will have no idea what her nails are like until the day :/ thanks for the advise though :)

If she has good nails you could use a soak off gel like gelish for one look and workin from there using polish over it to change the look, switch back or redo the gelish as it doesnt take long and is very gental on the natural nail.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I'd listen to marian. ... She's been there and done that a gazillion times ... You could say she has 'written the book' on this one. Bless her for sharing.

I'd listen to marian. ... She's been there and done that a gazillion times ... You could say she has 'written the book' on this one. Bless her for sharing.

Hi, please don't think I'm not listening, I am and really appreciate the help...I'm just trying to work out how to achieve some quite extreme long nails that are temporary enough to use in a hand model ...the photographer has mentioned airbrushing the cuticle area so I might talk to her about having one set like this and the rest natural :) thanks all x

Hi, please don't think I'm not listening, I am and really appreciate the help...I'm just trying to work out how to achieve some quite extreme long nails that are temporary enough to use in a hand model ...the photographer has mentioned airbrushing the cuticle area so I might talk to her about having one set like this and the rest natural :) thanks all x
Have you thought of sculpting out a set of extremely long nails on fantasy forms and then applying them to the model?

Have you thought of sculpting out a set of extremely long nails on fantasy forms and then applying them to the model?

Thanks! I think this is exactly what I need. I had never heard of them before but just had a little look into them and they look ideal....watching the sam biddel videos has got me wanting to be even more adventurous now, lol

Glad I could help. The fantasy forms developed by Sam Lynam are very useful for many things. Everyone should have a set or two. :hug:

If you've got a photographer willing to do retouching then stick ons will be fine (this is not always the case).

The Fantasy Forms are great and I've used them (thanks Geeg for giving them to me) For sculpts to look good you need the correct 'c' curve (cuticle shape can be altered at the time).

It's usual not to see the model until it's time to do her nails so you have to be ready for anything. It sounds in this instance you may be better using ordinary full well tips that are quite thin plastic. These can be shaped to fit and for the look you want and are also flexible enough to fit the 'c' curve neatly

Double sided tape (maybe a few layers), flat sticky dots or the tabs than come in some boxes of stick ons will work if the model is careful (I use a very specific tape that I've only found in 1 shop in London as it is the strongest I've found. When Nick Knight's film, Nailed, comes out you'll see how my 'joined together' nails flex and move without popping off. )

Otherwise blended tips with thin layer of resin is my favourite method as this can take close ups with no help after! (retouching was far too expensive to have done when I started out lol). They can take a few changes of looks without problem and are so quick to remove

Thanks so much! If all goes well I will post the pictures as a critique and see what people think :) oh and nick knight is one of my favourite photographers so I look forward to seeing the video :)

Latest posts

Back