Prestige 1b to grey ombre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mane Goddess

Reaction score
Hi i ordered 3 packs 180g in prestige 1b to grey ombre im thinking it looked thin, does anyone have a picture with 180g weft in from them? Thanks

It's plenty thick enough.. they measure 20+ inches so when you cut to 18" you'll be surprised they're single drawn [emoji4] these days so many suppliers are skimping on thickness as to keep prices down, that quite often there's very little difference between other suppliers double drawn and prestiges single drawn I find x

I think its just because ive not used there wefts before so the weft is wider than what im used to x

I think its just because ive not used there wefts before so the weft is wider than what im used to x
I agree! I'd prefer the weft to be shorter in width and thicker as I end up having to quadruple up the rows sometimes to get all the wefts in and ends up being bulky x

Yeah i hate doing that, ill see how it goes xx

All single drawn wefts are generally wider, regardless of company
It's also because it's ombré.. all suppliers ombré extensions are generally thinner. I know Transform's ombres are all single drawn. Must be because of the extra processing/handling they go through to be coloured multiple times more hairs just get lost throughout and therefore ombré are usually thinner. I don't know what section patterns you're taking but I was able to get 180g of Prestige wefts in over 4 rows, 3 doubles one triple [emoji4] I do horseshoe sections!

Also I did ask prestige about this and they said they've got a few things in the pipework coming first but double drawn wefts (9 times out of ten double drawn wefts are a lot narrower then single drawn) in their new Russian/Mongolian range possibly coming next year

Yeah i normally double and i will need a good 4 rows as her hair is just above shoulder length but thinnish on the ends, im really looking forward to the grey ombre so i want to look nice and thick! Thanks for the info colourboy this is the first time ive used prestige but i must admit it feels lovely! X

You're welcome! The hair is lovely x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1475950587.323004.jpg

Really happy with the end result!

All single drawn wefts are generally wider, regardless of company
It's also because it's ombré.. all suppliers ombré extensions are generally thinner. I know Transform's ombres are all single drawn. Must be because of the extra processing/handling they go through to be coloured multiple times more hairs just get lost throughout and therefore ombré are usually thinner. I don't know what section patterns you're taking but I was able to get 180g of Prestige wefts in over 4 rows, 3 doubles one triple [emoji4] I do horseshoe sections!

Also I did ask prestige about this and they said they've got a few things in the pipework coming first but double drawn wefts (9 times out of ten double drawn wefts are a lot narrower then single drawn) in their new Russian/Mongolian range possibly coming next year

Sorry to jump on this post. But I've seen you speak about Prestige a lot and I'm looking for a wider range of colours and more ombre. I currently use Angel Remy as my main supplier which is budget/mid for me and seems to last lovely for the price. Do you know how prestige compares to Angel Remy?

Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back