Price increase notice by SMS?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this idea as you will need to give them a new price list anyway if the prices are going up. With a text, you might scare people if you haven't given them idea of how much their favourite treatments have gone up. They will probably be expecting the increases anyway as it is all over the news, etc and they will be experiencing it everywhere inclusing their places of work. Some businesses I know put their prices up in 2010 and plan to do a campaign in 2011 advertsing that they are not rising their prices inline with vat. Clever, but naughty :) What do you think?

A few people on this thread have disagreed with mass SMS to all clients and I would like to ask, is this just in terms of the VAT increases or do you not agree with mass texts full stop? Would be interesting to know your thoughts.

I personally think that any form of contact by text (with the exception of appointment reminders) is just so unprofessional. I don't text my doctor/bank manager/dentist etc. to arrange anything and I would not expect to do the same wit my therapist. This has nothing to do with being mobile or not.

But perhaps that's just me being from a different generation?

A while ago a company where offering a service by where any person passing you salon (a small radius) got an instant tex message showing any offers or a basic message about your salon, i didnt take them up on the offer as i have never used any form of tex message to contact clients.
Just wondered what you fellow geeks thought of this as a way of advertising????:irked: x

I personally think that any form of contact by text (with the exception of appointment reminders) is just so unprofessional. I don't text my doctor/bank manager/dentist etc. to arrange anything and I would not expect to do the same wit my therapist. This has nothing to do with being mobile or not.

But perhaps that's just me being from a different generation?

I get reminders from my dentist by text, its text generation for most people now
most people i know have sent texts or posts on facebook informing of due to the vat increase all treatments will be increased as of Jan
haven't seen anyone complain

Guess what?
People expect prices to go up. They are not stupid, they read the newspapers watch the T.V. It's all there, even house prices are still going up, not as fast as they were a couple of years ago but the increase is still there.
I went to my hair angel last week and I asked her when her prices were going up, she told me when her current stock had to be replaced she's just put in a huge order to try and stave that of, fair enough, but I won't grumble when it comes, well not at her anyway. :lol:
I think a new price list is the best way to do it, you can hand it to your client as they pay you and let them know when it comes into effect. It's also a good way of reminding them of everything you do.
Will you scream and swear not to buy any more when you milk goes up? No, you'll moan about it and buy it anyway:hug:

Latest posts

Back