price increase

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsel

Reaction score
Hi all,
This has probably been asked before and I have done a prior search, but the salon I work in is about to increase its prices. I wanted to ask about colours because the products have all gone up which needs to be taken into consideration.

My question is do you say for example put your prices up say 10% on your previous price.. so If a full head of colour is £40 do you increase it to £44.

Or do you take into consideration the products you use peroxide, colour and foils etc and also after colouring the blowdrying of hair so with the rise in electricity take that into account also?

(have posted this in the business geek section also but wanted to see what hairdressers/mobile think )

Hi there,
i previously worked in a salon and put my prices up inline with the VAT increase, 2.5%. although most complained, it only added about 50p to a haircut!! obviously more to a colour.
im mobile now and will put my prices up yearly, but am not sure as to the percentage. but i do feel 10% is a bit too high.
marie x

Latest posts

Back