Price lists and printing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibarr

Reaction score
Hi
Im just starting out mobile and am having some pricelists designed. Im really new to this and carl at Hair Beauty Logo Design has askd if Im using Vistaprint or a local printer as it will make a difference to how the design is uploaded. Carl seems to think that many of us Geeks use Vistaprint and I just wanted some advice please as to preference.

Also, I have read the thread about pricelist styling where quite a few geeks said they print their own stationery. My business adviser told me to go for professional printing as the quality is much better and by the time you've paid for ink and paper ther's not much in it. However, I guess if you all tend to print your own stuff it must look fine and be cost effective.

Really value your opinions guys, please help!!!! :rolleyes:

I print my own and they look professional to the client,
so long as you don't print them on normal printing paper they can look fine,
i use staples text and graphic premium paper, it is a thin card like paper that has a nice satin finish,
also you can add treatments to it as you add them to your skills,
change your prices as you like,
and put any special offers on there if you want to,
you can do all that and print off as many as you need instead of having to pay for 1000 that would last you for ever hth

I agree with Loubylou. Take a little time to create your own brochures on your pc and save it in a folder so that you can print more as needed or modify and change when you want to. If you have Microsoft Publisher on your pc, then you can get quite creative with your brochure. Don't overdo it though and avoid it being overy fussy and busy.

I agree that you should use a better quality of paper than standard printer paper.

I, like many other geeks, have used Vista Print and got my business cards and gift vouchers at a great price. However, shortly after this, I change my mobile phone number and then developed an bad skin sensitivity to my gel products which I could no longer use. Needless to say the 1000 cards I had paid for were no longer applicable!

Had I had all this information stored on my pc, I could have changed it as needed at no loss of ££ to me, however small :rolleyes:. HTH.

Hi
Im just starting out mobile and am having some pricelists designed. Im really new to this and carl at Hair Beauty Logo Design has askd if Im using Vistaprint or a local printer as it will make a difference to how the design is uploaded. Carl seems to think that many of us Geeks use Vistaprint and I just wanted some advice please as to preference.

Also, I have read the thread about pricelist styling where quite a few geeks said they print their own stationery. My business adviser told me to go for professional printing as the quality is much better and by the time you've paid for ink and paper ther's not much in it. However, I guess if you all tend to print your own stuff it must look fine and be cost effective.

Really value your opinions guys, please help!!!! :rolleyes:

IMO i8 would go for a more professional looking price list. I have just had mine done by Carl and they are fantastic and printing at vitaprint was free so only paid postage. Check the out on his site and see for yourself.

By the time you have brought better quality paper and ink etc its cheaper to get them done at vistaprint and they do have a better effect imo.

Thanks, Tracey , I think I'll go for Vistaprint to start with at least.

Hi hun, i have done my own as well chic, they look brill. U can buy images from such as istock images for front cover and so on and also u can down load a package called page pluse which has been a great help. With istock it cost me seven pund and that gives u quite a few credits to get your pictures.
Good luck hunxxx

Thanks, Tracey , I think I'll go for Vistaprint to start with at least.

you wont be dissapointed , I wasnt !!!! :hug:

Latest posts

Back