Prices-what to charge for gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SophieMaria

Reaction score
Hey,
How much do you all charge for Gel polish and gel extensions?

I charge £25 for gel polish. I don't do extensions.

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

I use IBD just gel and charge £15. I charge £25 for gel extensions with tips x

What would you say would be a good start off price for newly qualified? I was going to charge £10 for gel polish, £15 for extensions. Do you think this is too low?
Nail salons is the area offer double that price. And some still offer £10 for gel polish.

Start how you mean to go on. It's hard to suddenly bump your prices up and you will probably lose clients. I charge £20 for gel polish and £30 for extensions. I've never offered a lower price due to be newly qualified. You're qualified so should charge full price. If you're still in training it's a different matter.

I charge £15 for gel polish, £22.50 for extensions and £30 for extensions with gel polish on top.

As the other person said its really hard to put up your prices once you start so charge a higher price soon as you start offering services.

You can always do special offers (every now and again) to get new clients but make sure they know it's a deal

I wish I had charged more for extensions in the beginning (at least £25)

Good luck with your business 😊 x x

Like every one has said it is very hard to put prices up to make a living if you start as low as £10/15 clients will never understand why you up your prices and I think you will regret starting so low.

I think you are best putting special offers on but always state valid from-too dates.

I'm mobile, I charge £30 for gel polish £42 for natural nail overlays £52 for sculpted/tips any nail art is extra on top of those prices.

Thank you ladies. I start in 2 weeks and I will be qualified then. Is there such thing as a starter price for like the first 3 months to get the custom, but make it clear on my posters/leaflets etc that these prices are sale prices. Or is that not a great idea? I would only do them maybe £2.50 less than normal price. In my town though £2.50 is a lot of money for some people. The general price around here for Gel nail polish is £10 (charging more for nail art on top). Most chinese nail salons charge £20 though. It's all a little confusing just before you start. I don't want people to think I won't go to her because she charges too high, as I don't have people walking around with my work on their nails yet to promote and get business. Thank you for all of your replies though x

I would consider not making any offers at all.

People tend to think there's money off because you're not good enough to warrant charging full price and will put off people who want a quality service whilst attracting cheapskates who have no loyalty but will always go for the cheapest option.

Offering a free nail oil perhaps with their first appointment doesn't cheapen your service, the cost to you is minimal, and also gets them to use the oil which will keep their nails looking better for longer and thus be an even better advert for you!

Or a small concession IF they introduce a friend perhaps?

Good luck and have fun x

Thank you ladies. I start in 2 weeks and I will be qualified then. Is there such thing as a starter price for like the first 3 months to get the custom, but make it clear on my posters/leaflets etc that these prices are sale prices. Or is that not a great idea? I would only do them maybe £2.50 less than normal price. In my town though £2.50 is a lot of money for some people. The general price around here for Gel nail polish is £10 (charging more for nail art on top). Most chinese nail salons charge £20 though. It's all a little confusing just before you start. I don't want people to think I won't go to her because she charges too high, as I don't have people walking around with my work on their nails yet to promote and get business. Thank you for all of your replies though x

If you are starting from 1st April then maybe do an introductory offer for the whole of April where you offer a discounted price. This helps you build your confidence as well and then from 1st May charge as you mean to go on. Make it very clear that's it's only for April and do as much advertising as you can. Get flyers etc made and put your 'normal' price list on but just offer a percentage off in April so they no from the start what the 'normal' prices are.

Agree with the others, I started 'too low' as I was just starting out and now don't feel like I can put my prices up. Charging £18 for gel polish. Consider your time, travel costs, having to lug everything in and out of the car etc. some people will be happier to pay more to have you go to them so they don't have the hassle, especially mums with small children etc. I offer a loyalty scheme (after 5 treatments they get one half price) which clients seem to like and it's giving them a discount but keeps them coming back, rather than just giving them money off straight away if you see what I mean. I also offer a 10% discount (off one treatment) if they recommend a friend (friend gets 10% off too) x

(I'm assuming you're mobile, sorry if not)

Latest posts

Back