Prices!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Girls...

I charge £15 a tan and would love to charge more!
However I am having a really quiet spot and have had no tans for just over a week! I would like to do a first tan for a tenner offer however I did that before and found people only came to me for a cheap tan and I never saw them again!

:eek:

Hi Girls...

I charge £15 a tan and would love to charge more!
However I am having a really quiet spot and have had no tans for just over a week! I would like to do a first tan for a tenner offer however I did that before and found people only came to me for a cheap tan and I never saw them again!

:eek:

Why not give them the discount later, such as fifth/sixth tan free/cheaper. That way they come back.

The sun has been fab the last couple of weeks so people will have been working on their natural tan, but still push it as the safe tan. Hth xx

Why not give them the discount later, such as fifth/sixth tan free/cheaper. That way they come back.

The sun has been fab the last couple of weeks so people will have been working on their natural tan, but still push it as the safe tan. Hth xx

Hi Claire,

I do this also, I have regulars but one has just had a nose job, the other is now out of work.

I love the sun but am now cursing it for stealing my business lol x

This thread is in perfect time after the conversation I had with a client yesterday.

My client went to have a spray tan last week with a friend at a salon in our area.
The spray tan cost £5!!!! Yes lovely geeks, £5!!!!!!
The story does not end there though.
My lovely client was stood there in her thong waiting for the therapist to return. Which she did - munching a sandwich (WHAT THE....???) Apparently she was starving.
Half way through the spray tan the therapist stopped to read and reply to a text message. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

Needless to say, my client won't be going there again.
I can't believe there are peolpe like this in our industry.
So, theres a reason why their tans are only £5.....

Emma x

I agree with Lou, try not to be tempted to reduce your prices and sell yourself short. You do really get what you pay for with tan solutions. Maybe, offer the hairdressers a cheap or free tan so they can promote you to their clients and if they pass say 10 clients over to you they can have another free one?? Just a thought.

On the subject of price, totally agree I charge £20.00 and think we should try to stick together on pricing. Don't under-sell our skill!

The hairdressers I work in are all male and not the spray tan type lol.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Hello

I charge £18 a tan but thinking of going upto £20 and i use tantrick thats me on my 4th bottle and i only got trained 3 weeks ago :)

Thanks
Austin x

i am in shock, thought i had no competion in my area lol silly me. But got a postcard through the door today offering sienna x for £12 and minx for £12 or both for £22, she can't possibly be making any money it's crazy you now how much minx are before petrol, time and other costs etc
for gods sake, but i am going to stick with my guns and still charge £20 for each.

I love the sun but am now cursing it for stealing my business lol x

I am glad it is sunnier out I am extra busy would say double the amount of clients to usual. Maybe this may slow down once everyone has a bit of base colour from the sun and dont feel so concious getting the legs out!

I cant believe somewhere did tans for £5 even if they bought cheap solution in bulk surely they could not make any profit, by time overheads wages etc were taken into consideration.

Unfortunately I think some areas of the country have tons of spray tanners which is why the prices get so competitive, you just have to persevere and think about being about for the long haul, some mobile therapists come and go. Just work at your client base and stick around.

£22 for both??!!! thats madness!!! I charge £14.50 for a spray tan or 2 for £25 and Ive just trained in ee and waxing, but have not sorted my prices out for those as of yet. Im also mobile. The reason I charge £14.50 is because there are people charging £12.50 or 2 for £20 in my area (she is also mobile) and I know she has been getting a lot of business. oh and she is now doing a day in a salon and charging £10 a tan. I was getting more clients the last few weeks but it has now gone quiet again. :-(
If you dont mind me asking what area are you in celebalook?

I charge £20 and £15 in my home salon. If i put an offer on i will do so for £12 only if they come to me. I want to get busier at home that's why i'm doing it.
I refuse to go down the route of getting bitter about competition. I could honestly not tell you who charges what around here because I do not care. I'd rather spend my energy on keeping my customers happy and getting new ones. I'll do this by giving them a better service than anywhere else.

I offer different tans for different prices which seems to work for me so far. OMG is £15, Tantrick is £20 and Organics Rapid is £25.

Can I ask which tanning solutions u use and good bad points? Am new to this and would've great to get some advise from a exp person x

I charge £25 for Sienna X and Nouvatan, a group of 5 tans for £100 and take 50% deposit. No one complains about the price and a salon close charges £15 but they don't do much business.

I charge £25 for Sienna X and Nouvatan, a group of 5 tans for £100 and take 50% deposit. No one complains about the price and a salon close charges £15 but they don't do much business.

Can I ask how you take your deposits? x

Cash or card.

Sorry i wasn't being stupid I thought you was mobile! And meant how to you collect deposit payment being mobile lol thank you anyway :)

Sorry i wasn't being stupid I thought you was mobile! And meant how to you collect deposit payment being mobile lol thank you anyway :)

Sorry, I own a salon, didn't think of you being mobile lol x

I charge £20 for the organic tans if it's a party £15 or if there is three or more £15 each. I do specials for prom parties and weddings or special occasions where they get two tans for £30 so the can come earlier have a tan and we can all agree things look right then come back in time for special occasion and have another. Must admit someone near me has opened a shop and is doing spray tans from £6 no way am I gonna compete with that will prob get some of her custom in time I usually do when clients go for a cheap deal and realise they have made a mistake lol

Latest posts

Back