Pricing too high

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
Hi , iv been doing tanning for about 2 years now , but its seems to be very slow at the moment (for me anyway). iv no had tans for a while now, so im thinking maybe iam charging too much £20 for 9% and 12% £25 , should i make up new prices of £12 -£15 for a full tan as im not gettting regulars back either , so if i keep my prices down , maybe they would come back more frequently. Any suggestion would be great.:o

That seems a bit steep for me, tbh, although their is lots of competition where i live, I charge £15 for either 8%, 10%, 12% or 14% and if there is more than one person the price comes down. I do mobile tanning. :)

where about in scotland are you?? I am in fife, I charge £15 full body for all strength tans, maybe do a bit of mrket research to see hwat the avrage price in your area is, then you will have something to compare your prices to?? hthx

where about in scotland are you?? I am in fife, I charge £15 full body for all strength tans, maybe do a bit of mrket research to see hwat the avrage price in your area is, then you will have something to compare your prices to?? hthx

South Lanarshire hun, a few salons charge £15 to £20 , so im thinking of doing special just to get it kicked started again as it just seemed to come to a stand still:sad:

just a thought what about doing two tans for £30 that way people will re book or be bringing a freind down so my foot fall through your door xxx

I charge £10 per tan and do more tan partys I carry la tan sienna tantricks tandare and nouvatan and charge £10 for anyone I'm mobbed at moment I do e 22 tans yesterday alone I'm in Kirkcaldy fife and I work with a girl who does east fife and I do Kirkcaldy to dunf and between the 2 of us it's nuts how many a week we do I would never put my price up as so many people come back every week no one grudges paying that a week and we still make plenty profit x

One of the worst things you can do as a business owner is worry about what the others are doing and follow their lead.

Go through your pricing structure and check to see if you've got it right with respect to the needs of your business and what you want to do.

Then, rather than discount, consider value adding.

For example, when I do a full tan, my client has the option of having a bodywear oil spray applied or a small goody bag with a small bottle of post care oil and some samples. These add ons cost me about a pound but the PERCEPTION of value to the client is ten times that.

I also make up packages that feature tanning. For example, I offer a package where my clients get a wax with a tan or nails or facial thrown in. Yes, the price is adjusted to accommodate the extras but most don't notice it. They're focussed on what they can get in a certain amount of time with the least hassle.

I also value add to get rid clients I don't want like the pests that come in to get just their arms or décolletage done. An 'upgrade' to a leg spray earns them points towards a full spray which edges them closer to a full spray. Most end up opting for the full spray = more moolah pour moi. :D

You don't have to work harder to think smarter.

South Lanarshire hun, a few salons charge £15 to £20 , so im thinking of doing special just to get it kicked started again as it just seemed to come to a stand still:sad:

its quite a competative business, spray tans are offered everywhere my way, maybe try and get yourself known a bit more, leaflet drop, ad on gumtree, etc even chance your luck and hand out some leaflets around your area, here you arn't meant to do this but lot's do every now and then. An offer is a good way to get new clients, and hopefully convert to regulars!!! good luck, let us know how things go xx

Latest posts

Back