Printing companys

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinxy501

Reaction score
Who does your printing and why do you like them so much?

mine is vistaprint because i use their free offers :D

Stree Free Printing ... great quality, and you get a printed proof
Quattro Print ... great quality and great prices

Really not a fan of Vistaprint!

Stree Free Printing ... great quality, and you get a printed proof
Quattro Print ... great quality and great prices

Really not a fan of Vistaprint!

Thanks foz, yeah i wasnt blown away by vista and it seems a bit limited

in what way do you find it limited? and why dont you like them? Ive used them for 3 years now, always ordering when I receive email with free offers. All my stationary is designed, I dont use thir templates. But I think their great for people on a budget

I'm always getting those emails from Vista saying they're giving away stuff free - is it really free?! (soz to jump in on the post!!) and do they do tri-fold leaflet printing?

yeah they are free... you just pay p&p. But i love the way if their order doesnt get to you by the day they state, they send a replacement immediately.

Hi!
I use Printing.com, I think their work is very good quality I get everything done with them, price-lists, business cards, gift-vouchers and appointment cards and they look fab! Hope this helps:D

For design (e.g. leaflets), Verve - verve design

For actual printing - Sense Creative - Business Cards, Business Card Printing, Leaflet, Flyer Printers, Letterheads, Posters, UK Printers

Had a fab experience with Sense Creative when printing some flyers designed by Verve back in March - Verve supplied print-ready PDF documents which I could then upload to Sense Creative to get printed... 10 days later I got 10,000 double sided colour A5 flyers on glossy 170gsm paper - for only £169 - perfect! No VAT, no delivery charge, no hidden charges.

Hi thanks for that, verve have just designed my logo and i need to find a printing company to do leaflets so that i can continue with my leaflet design, i just wasnt quite happy with vista and i think this is because i have seen a few things of other peoples and they have used a pre exsisting design off there site and it seems very basic and all samey but hey i suppose thats what your print design and logo service is for,
Thanks everyone for your input it really is appreciated :D

Hi thanks for that, verve have just designed my logo and i need to find a printing company to do leaflets so that i can continue with my leaflet design, i just wasnt quite happy with vista and i think this is because i have seen a few things of other peoples and they have used a pre exsisting design off there site and it seems very basic and all samey but hey i suppose thats what your print design and logo service is for,
Thanks everyone for your input it really is appreciated :D

Yep, that's one of the main issues with Vistaprint in that if you use one of their existing template designs, you end up with flyers/business cards/websites that look the same as countless other people who used the same templates. I've also heard of people who haven't been pleased with the quality of the paper used for their printing either, e.g. business cards printed on relatively low quality matt card, where other companies offer high quality glossy card instead which looks a lot nicer.

I have been using vista for years and have found them to be ok with their templates, but I just got some business cards off them with my own uploaded design and they have come back almost black!!!!!! The print is so dark, you can hardly see it. Also got a free window sticker of the same thing and it was fine and it was a high resolution picture I used, so I know it is their printing that is the problem.

Looking for somewhere else now.

Has anyone used print 24?????

You can get duff printing back from anywhere, its a mechanical process so it can go wrong from time to time- especially from internet-based suppliers of print, but on the whole- they're much of a muchness.

Just make sure you give them less chance to cock it up by following the guidelines they set out for trims and bleeds etc, upload things in CMYK and not RGB (so things dont come back a competely differnt colour), design it so colours don't blend or become indistinguishable from each other, don't take pics from the web and expect them to be print-ready resolution...and always ......ALWAYS!!!.....get a proof.

The cards were free so I didn't order a proof, however the other things I got were fine, so think it was just their printing of the business cards. Think they only do an online proof anyway for you to print yourself.
It was more the picture that was the problem which was supplied by one of the brands I use as a high resolution picture suitable for printing, the background was dark with white writing so no probs reading the text :). They are usable just look a bit home made lol xx

Latest posts

Back