Private investigators-can they read texts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momobile hair

Reaction score
As above ! A good friend suspects her husband is having an affair only way he will get caught is through texts or it would be the quickest way. Anyone any experience ?

Carnt she get an itemised phone bill most of the networks do it online now x

Tbh if the relationship has got to the point of hiring a PI it might be best to just walk away x

Tbh if the relationship has got to the point of hiring a PI it might be best to just walk away x

Totally agree - if she doesn't trust him, what's the point. Even if it turns out he's not having an affair - she'll always have doubts every time he is sending a message etc. Why put herself through the agonising time. Just have it out with him and walk away.

There's a difference between being a little suspicious and hiring a PI! That's extreme xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

When I suspected my husband I went onto his online phone bill account and looked at the numbers he'd been texting. I wrote the numbers he text most down then when he was asleep I looked up each number in his phone and found who he had been texting. We sorted everything out after that though x

There's a few apps you can download onto his phone that will send you an email every night telling you all his texts, calls and web history. It doesn't show up on his phone so he won't know. It's free and will tell you the number he's text and what he's sent and received xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I believe there is a way that you can get the texts. I don't know how. Not sure it would be legal either, maybe a hacker or something would manage?
I only know because a previous partner did it to me. He had a copy of every text I'd ever sent (not that there was anything to hide may I add).

For those saying she should confront him, or talk about it, maybe she doesn't want to resolve it, maybe she just wants proof and out. I know any partner that cheated on me would not be given a second chance.

Anyway the fact is our opinions or advice were not asked for, we know none of the circumstances or anything. The question was whether or not it's possible to get evidence of texts that have been sent. And in my experience yes it is. I hope she gets what shes lookmg for xxxx

I find this funny given your name!!!

But in all seriousness I'm not a believer in just walking away. No wonder divorce rate is so high if people give up so easily!! Marriage is hard bloody work and I'm not saying I'd not walk away if my husband had an affair but I am saying that i would have to prove it before I made such a drastic decision to walk away - if the op friend feels she needs to prove it Or un-prove it (if thats a word lol) then that is what she should do. she can then make her future decisions on whatever she finds out.
There is lots of help out there for couples who struggle through rough patches by themselves

Last edited:
It's absolutely and totally illegal!

I assume you all missed the News International text message hacking scandals where people went to jail for doing this?

Why can't she just sit down and talk to him about how she feels? If you can't communicate with your SO, then what's the point.

I hope everything works out for your friend. X

But in all seriousness I'm not a believer in just walking away. No wonder divorce rate is so high if people give up so easily!! Marriage is hard bloody work and I'm not saying I'd not walk away if my husband had an affair but I am saying that i would have to prove it before I made such a drastic decision to walk away - if the op friend feels she needs to prove it Or un-prove it (if thats a word lol) then that is what she should do. she can then make her future decisions on whatever she finds out.
There is lots of help out there for couples who struggle through rough patches by themselves

I totally agree. Marriage is all about ups and downs. Maybe she has been cheated on in the past and has issues with trust but really loves her husband.

There's other ways to go about it rather than a PI though.

I hope it works out for her though x

Never mind all this snooping, has she tried actually talking to him?!

I agree marriage isn't easy and you shouldn't just walk away as soon as it gets hard, I have been married for nearly 14 years and we have had our share if stuff to work through but I would never hire a PI, I think to stoop to that level it might be time to call it a day. It's the same as when couples get lie detector tests, if its that bad if you mistrust someone that much why are you with them?

I think the money would be better spent on marriage counselling, there is not a single positive thing that can come from hiring a PI to check out your other half, it's just not healthy.

I think we are in a throw away society this gos for relationships too, if he I cheating then yes cut you loses and get out, but relationships have to be worked at which I think a lot of people forget, iv been with my partner nearly 11 years now and we have had to work through a lot of stuff in that time at no point has our life together been easy sailing ,if it's worth fighting for then fight if not walk away :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

There's a few apps you can download onto his phone that will send you an email every night telling you all his texts, calls and web history. It doesn't show up on his phone so he won't know. It's free and will tell you the number he's text and what he's sent and received xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Is this really what we have come to? This makes me so sad. Spying on the person you love and invading their privacy.
What sort of a relationship do people have nowadays that warrants this level of mistrust and dishonesty.
Love isnt a game. Its not about catching someone out or employing dirty tactics to ensure someone is true to you.
Love is abour being best freinds. Its about trust and respect.
My partner would never cheat on me because he knows that I love and respect him enough not to cheat in him. If I ever suspected he was capable of it then I would question just how happy he was. Most importantly I would talk to him. I would certainly end a relationship if I discovered someone had me stalked by a PI or had spy ware put on my private phone and email!!
I may not finish a relationship if someone was cheating on me but I definitely would if they were stalking me and disrespecting my right to my own life and privacy whilst not trusting me.

One of my best mates bought a tracker, put it in her husbands van and caught him like that, brilliant little gadget that gave her info on where he was and for a short period she could even record voices from it.

They are now separated because of what she found out.

One of my best mates bought a tracker, put it in her husbands van and caught him like that, brilliant little gadget that gave her info on where he was and for a short period she could even record voices from it.

They are now separated because of what she found out.

Your poor friend :(

I always think if you have a hunch to go snooping you know in your heart you're going to find something you don't want to see xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Your poor friend :(

I always think if you have a hunch to go snooping you know in your heart you're going to find something you don't want to see xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Or if you have a hunch sit down and talk? Ask them whats going on in their lives that would make them act the way tgey are

Latest posts

Back