Pro Impressions tips with cut-outs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiggerlady

Reaction score
I was showing my daughter the samples I had from Pro Impressions and she had a question that I hadn't thought of...so hopefully geeks who have used them will enlighten me..:wink2:
With the tips that have the pretty cut outs on the free edge, I know you would have to buff the shine off to get the gel to stick to it, but what happens when the gel goes over the 'hole' on the nail? Does it fall through at all, and if so, would you wipe it underneath? Are you left with a tiny dip where it drops through? Would you flash cure it nail by nail?
Many thanks x

Ive also wondered about this but thought i was just being a bit blonde haha! Very interested to hear the answer! :Love:

I've used these both with gel and L&P just use a nail form underneath the tip. hth :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I've only used them with acrylic.

Perhaps a tiny bit of clear tape underneath, pulled off after the first cure would help?

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I have never used these tips but if I did, I would use clear tape and apply as little as possible, just enough to cover the holes and I would do it before applying the tips to the nail, it would be to finicky to try and do after the tip is on.
Then just remove when nail has cured.
Yes, forms would also work but to me anyway, that is an expensive way to do unless you can reuse the form, which you couldn't once it's been used for this reason.

I've used these tips, I poked the gel through the holes on the tip and cured them, my clients thought they were great :)

Latest posts

Back