Pro products vs OTC Explain Please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I've already explained the difference between Professional Use only and Professional retail products, hopefully :)

So just to clarify, you're asking me the difference between professional retail products, and retail products sold in non-salon establishments, such as a pharmacy, right?

Well, a couple things. First of all professional products are generally more concentrated. Drug store products have alot more "filler" to them, which makes them less expensive to make, and therefore cost you, the customer, less to purchase. However, you need to use more of them to get the same result, so you end up spending more money.

More importantly, professional skin care systems, are only available in salons, so you get personalized recommendations, by an esthetician, who is trained in skin types, behaviours, conditions and appropriate treatments. This will give you better results. Also, professionals in the salon are generally trained by the skin care company to be able to get the most out of their product line.

HTH's

They won't necessarily be any better there are some awful professional ranges as there are some very good retail ranges.
A top market range either retail or professional or both will contain better ingredients it will probably use essential oils and vegetable oils instead of artificial perfumes and mineral oils.It will have a lot of research behind its production and hopefully be a lot more effective.
So yes someone can go out and buy a good range for their skin but there are huge benefits to having regular professional facials and using products that a therapist has knowledge of and can recommend to you for home use and ongoing results.

Ok, I've already explained the difference between Professional Use only and Professional retail products, hopefully :)

So just to clarify, you're asking me the difference between professional retail products, and retail products sold in non-salon establishments, such as a pharmacy, right? Totally right! :)

Well, a couple things. First of all professional products are generally more concentrated. Drug store products have alot more "filler" to them, which makes them less expensive to make, and therefore cost you, the customer, less to purchase. However, you need to use more of them to get the same result, so you end up spending more money. Eick :eek:

More importantly, professional skin care systems, are only available in salons, so you get personalized recommendations, by an esthetician, who is trained in skin types, behaviours, conditions and appropriate treatments. This will give you better results. (like the sound of that) Also, professionals in the salon are generally trained by the skin care company to be able to get the most out of their product line.

HTH's

Thank you!

I think I probably didnt explain myself well at first. Im sorry for any inconvienience caused. But thank you for your reply. :D

I can't speak for all Professional Brands but I can speak for Moor Spa.

The products that the therapist sells to the client are the same formulation as the ones used in the treatments. We prefer a therapist to be involved with the selling process as a therapist would be able to guide a client to which products would be correct for a person’s skin type. Some products for one person would just not be suitable for another.

We do however have products which are therapist only and not for sale to the general public. These products range from impractical to use at home to requiring professional guidance to use correctly.

We also are very particular about the quality of our ingredients and the final product. Therapists trust us to use our brand, and we will not let down the therapists who choose us.

Latest posts

Back