Pro tan problem-help ASAP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellishairbeauty

Reaction score
Hi wondered if i cud pick ur brain. I did a tan last night on someone at 6pm she txt me at 9pm to say it is going green. I asked her if she had exfoliated she sed yea i asked her if she put perfume or moisturiser on she sed no. I told her 2 leave it as it may just be the guide colour going green which has happened to myself personally Shes woke up this morning washed it off and its still green on her skin and blotchy. It was 14%. I used it 4 days ago on a client and it turned out fine so know it isnt off! Shes comin bk at 4pm today to get it rectifyed but ive never had this before so ive told her to exfoliate with u perfumed solution and shave now do i just stick another tan on from another bottle or refund her money and apologise.
??
Ive had the guide colour go green on me before and ive washed it off and its still brown and even tanned without exfoliating with no problem. All i can think of is shes lying and she put a moistuiser with perfume on all over her skin. But if i put maybe a 10% or 12% on will i make it worse? My tan machine is all clean as i clean it after every tan. Shes just told me when she used home tans they send her green but my ones never did so thats ehy she keeps coming back (shes been before and had 10% and 12% and has been fine) x
Please help asap!!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds like she's panicking and tell you some fibs! If her tan is still green and blotchy after washing off then its likely she hasn't showered properly. Tell her to get back in the shower and gently wash off with a mild soap and sponge.

The developed tan will not go green, only the guide colour can turn green. The guide will only go green if it comes into contact with residue on the skin (moisturiser, deodorant etc) or if it has gone off, in which case the whole bottle will be green and she would look like the hulk when you sprayed her! If you had sprayed her in gone off the tan it simply wouldn't develop as dark, if at all. She would not be green!

Thank you for your help i completelt agree with you. The guide colour went on bronzed so it didnt bother her or me. For it to go green after 3 hours and still br green after washi g off is sonething ive never heard of before.... do you think another tan will help?
Ive told her she must exfoliate today and hopefully will go on smoother.
Completely stumped me and ive been tanning 5 years.

She came and she sed " i remembered yesterday when i had my bath to shave and exfoliate i put loadsa perfumed body washes and bath salts in and bubble baths. Oppss soorry" grrrr i just resprayed her for the peace as shes regular.
Thanks so much for ur help x

Lol ... Gotta love clients ... At least she was honest ... Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

She came and she sed " i remembered yesterday when i had my bath to shave and exfoliate i put loadsa perfumed body washes and bath salts in and bubble baths. Oppss soorry" grrrr i just resprayed her for the peace as shes regular.
Thanks so much for ur help x

Lol! Glad you got it sorted x

And was she as green as she had said ? x

No she wasnt green but she was blotchy! Shes just txt 2 say shes covered fully now! So annoying! X

Shes obviously telling some fibs as the solution only turns green if u have had deodorant , moisturiser or perfume etc that is why its turned green she has not prepared properly & now your to blame ! If shes had spraytans done before then it is obviously a mistake only made by herself xx

I agree that if it was anything to do with the solution then it would have came out green straight away 😕 ive had this disaster happening before lol x

I had a client go green around the arm area last week I panicked a bit but when she washed the tan came out beautiful so shudnt b green :)

Shes obviously had deodorant on then. When i start my spray tanning im going to tell my clients the preparation about 20 times before their appointment to say do not wear deodorant !!! Then they wont be dissapointed when their going home like the hulk thinking its mine or the solutions fault lol 😊 x

Latest posts

Back