Problem re: gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgieanne

Reaction score
I've started practicing my Gel nails on myself as honestly although I've attended a course I do not feel confident enough to offer yet.
I'm using Brisa Lite sculpting kit, with the edge tips and a standard brush on nail glue. I follows the CND video on YouTube on the application progress to see where I am going wrong and to make sure all prep is done correctly!
The problem I am having is that I have catches two nails now and both tips have just come clean of the nail along with the gel and standard polish that was in top, where have I gone wrong? The nails look great and smooth etc yet don't seem to have a lot of strength

Any help is welcomed, I am trained and merely trying to understand where I am going wrong X

Last edited by a moderator:
I've started practicing my Gel nails on myself as honestly although I've attended a course I do not feel confident enough to offer yet.
I'm using brush life sculpting kit, with the edge tips and a standard brush on nail glue. I follows the CND video on YouTube on the application progress to see where I am going wrong and to make sure all prep is done correctly!
The problem I am having is that I have catches two nails now and both tips have just come clean of the nail along with the gel and standard polish that was in top, where have I gone wrong? The nails look great and smooth etc yet don't seem to have a lot of strength

Any help is welcomed, no snide remarks as I have had on here before please, I am trained and merely trying to understand where I am going wrong X

did you mean brush life or brisa lite? Just a bit confused why you say you are following CND application video if you are not using CND products? So I'm wondering if that is a typo?

Yes ipad re spelt it for me! Brisa Lite

If you haven't already definately get yourself booked on the Brisa Lite Build It course. Would highly recommend, insane value for money, you can't beat some hands on teaching (vs anonymous forum!) and the cnd educators are sure to fire you up and improve your confidence - I can guarantee that!!

That said I would look at the tips you are using - seems a shame if you are using CND products to mix in a low end/college student type tip, go for the cnd performance in clear and definately get cnd gel bond, streets ahead of brush on adehsive.

Assuming you don't have any major prep issue, sounds like yor problems are going to be with either tip application/fitting/blending or creating a correctly stuctred nail for maximum strength. Do you have Gigi's nailclass book (or check out the tutorials in the articles section of this website) Again, getting in a classroom and having someone see your work + process would be most helpful.

Do you have any photos you could post?

Thanks for your detailed reply, I will look into the class for sure and get on to ordering the tips you have recommended as I was wanting to get some different ones, the nails just do not seem strong enough to withstand the time they should , I have attached a picture of them, I did them last Saturday ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389474824.403994.jpg

Haha yes sorry! will upload one when I re do! which will be this week so please look out as your help is brilliant thank you, and thank you always have people say that!

Am haveing the same problem I tried to use a stronger glue and that didn't work so I tried applying a first layer of acrylic then gel over the top to make it stronger and it worked x

Latest posts

Back