Problem with changing skincare ranges

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
I am currently changing skincare ranges and have hit a massive brick wall !!

I was an official Dermalogica stockist until a few days ago, my account is closed and they have bought all my retail back from me although I still have professional products so can still perform treatments if I wish.

I was intending to change to Monu skincare as the retail is more reasonably priced and thought it would suit my older clients that have the Dermalogica age smart treatment. I was making some final price checks when I noticed that the individual masques are priced quite high per treatment. After checking this it turns out the facial is going to cost me 4 times more than a Dermalogica treatment so I would have to increase my facial prices to over £50 to make back the extra I would be spending on the products :eek:

Im not sure what to do now ? I am really annoyed as I don't want to absorb such a huge increase myself yet even if I did an increase of a couple of pounds its not even going to make much of an impact and the whole point of getting a smaller range was so I didn't have to increase my prices !!

Hi,
Just tried to message you back but you have to many message's or something like that lol.

Sorry anyway,

The collagen, oat and algea mask's are all £9.40, they are three separte facial's and my client's love them, there are your luxury facial's. There is an aromatic facial which again has three mask's, hydrating, aromatic, cleansing mask's. I have priced the collagen, oat and algea at £10 more than the aromatic facial.

I have looked at cheaper mask's from Ellsion's and they are no where as good as sm. The collagen facial is recommend a course of 6 over 6 weeks then one a month, it's really good you really do see a difference after just one treatment.

I'm just about to start offering the oat and algea this month.

SM do an prescription range where you mix the massge oil, mask and miosturiser I think which sounds really good. There starter kit is abit to pay out but it last's you ages, because you don't mix that much up so it doesn't cost you as much for the facial.

Hope that's of help

Kerryx

The problem is I charge £43 for a Dermalogica Age Smart Treatment which is a shorter treatment and costs me less in product so I don't think my clients would be to chuffed to pay £10 more for a different facial and if I leave it at the current price I will be loosing over £10 per treatment so in no way cost effective for me.

I am going to play around with some figures but I really can't see how it would make sense financially.

unless prices have changed over the last few months i have always found sm to be one of the cheaper ranges and am surprised that their facials would work out more than dermalogica, but may I add that I havent taken on either of these ranges but have looked into both.

unless prices have changed over the last few months i have always found sm to be one of the cheaper ranges and am surprised that their facials would work out more than dermalogica, but may I add that I havent taken on either of these ranges but have looked into both.

The standard facial from both ranges are approx same cost to therapist but the difference is the masque needed for the monu collagen anti ageing facial is about 3 times more expensive than the anti ageing masque from Dermalogica.

We are not allowed to post the treatment cost to therapists on here but if you want me to pm you the figures I can do.

Hi, i can honestly say i am surprised. I have to say i have never been a big dermalogica product fan (although i do wish more companies offered the same amount of training), but had considered sm. This post has been an eye opener thank you. Good luck with your change over. xx

Latest posts

Back