Problem with new client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misse82

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I am hoping for a little help with a situation I am not sure how to handle. I had two new clients, mother and daughter, whom I applied shellac to a week last Saturday. The daughter has had no problems but on the mothers hand a nail peeled off 2 days after then another two days after that another went on the two first fingers of right hand. I went and fixed those in two occasions but she has just messaged me again saying another one has come off!!!
I am not sure whether to admit fault and fix them again or offer something else like a free removal or money off next time etc
Any help appreciated :)

The client has just text again saying she wants a refund!!
Quite upset now :(

You know what,sometimes not everyone can get on with shellac, are her nails weak? Bendy? Personally I would offer a full refund,you've had no problems with her daughter,if your stubborn about refunds or complaints its gonna look bad on you, where as if you offer a refund after you've tried to redo it looks good on you,don't beat yourself up,we've all had clients like this,do what you think feels right, good luck

I would personally not refund as, if you usually have No problems, how do you know the client is indeed following her aftercare?
Maybe offer a free removal and manicure? This way she can hopefully go away happy with a service provided by you

I agree with both of the above replies but I think I would take the refund route. It's either one of the two, she's not following aftercare correctly or her nails just don't get on with it. None of it is your fault and you've done what you can by redoing what has come off.
I don't personally thing you should need to issue a refund but it will be less hassle and hopefully keep her on good terms?

Hi Lisa thanks for your reply. I did explain to her that shellac does not suit everyone and lasts up to 14 days. She did have weak nails so I applied smoothing gel underneath and told her about proper aftercare. Like you say though I have done everything I can to fix it and my reputation is worth more than one treatment so I am probably best giving a refund. It has just knocked my confidence a bit a left me feeling quite aggrieved :( Do you think it best that for future appointments with new clients if their nails are unsuitable to let them know that shellac may not last on them and offer gel or acrylic as another option?

Just seen the other replies thank you. Nailtechybee i think I will offer what you have suggested first if this is refused then prob a refund as I do want to leave her on good terms as you have said smartdesigns :)

Latest posts

Back