Problem with Shellac that I've never experienced before...help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kittensgotclaws

Reaction score
Client No:1 - Colour Strawberry Smoothie

Client has this over natural nails - I also lengthened 1 nail with a quick L&P sculpt & then shellacked it.

3 weeks later client returns with no colour left on her nails, the shellac was there, but not the colour she left with - but the L&P one was perfectl & colour was true. The colour on the natural nails had completely faded out & was almost like a white/cream colour.
She is retired, doesn't do much - light housework with gloves on. Oils religiously. The shellac was totally intact, but there was no colour left????
Totally befuddled me :)

Client 2:
Had Iced Cappuccino over natural nails.

They peeled off in the bath - hot bath though. This was after about a week

She does have injections for calcium deficiency (- but Doug said the nails have a seriously small percentage of calcium, that even taking calcium tablets would not improve them if you remember at the event.)
They lasted about a week.
Previously worn acrylics applied by NSS, but had them removed & kept them free from anything since last January. Her nails showed no sign of a problem, not even dry, flaking or anything.

Client 3:
Has been wearing shellac for approx 5 months, come in every 3 weeks for a colour change. I surround the nail with solar oil & soak off with shellac remover.
Once the shellac is off - her nails have very bad white pacthes on, seriously dehydrated. Her nails were perfect before & are naturally very strong. She does oil 3/4 times a week, uses gloves & is a shellac lover.

Can anyone shed some light as to what happened (especially the first one as the colour just faded on all the natural nails but stayed on the enhanced finger??)
Thanks my geeky friends. :)

Hi, I can't comment on the first two as I'm not sure why that would happen.

As for the white spots, my guess is your client is not using Solar Oil at least 2X a day. I've been Shellacing my nails for awhile now, use my Solar Oil daily and have NO white spots or dehydration on the nailplate.

Best of luck to you. :)

Is it time to replace your bulbs in your lamp?

Have a look at my recent thread 'white patches on nails - shellac?' regarding problem number 3 xx

Is it time to replace your bulbs in your lamp?

Hi, no I don't need to change the bulbs in my lamp, I've still got plenty of time left on them and none of my other clients are experiencing any of these problems. Xx

There is so much information on www.cnd.com re Shellac. I'd register and read all of it to help you.

All I can say is that peoples nails very and people vary. Not everything suits every person. Age can play a part .. health can play a part .. internal as well as xternal factors.

Take a look at the website and see if your questions are answered there. If not, then email CND directg and ask the same questions. I'm sure they would appreciate your feedback.

Latest posts

Back