Problems folding my tan tent.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

instantspraytan

Reaction score
In the past few weeks I've been having major problems folding down my tan tent. I think one of the wires is twisted but I just cannot get my tent to fold easily. It has got to the point where after finishing with a client its taking me about two or three goes do get it folded neat enough to fit in my bag.

It's driving me mad :mad: and is quite embarrasing when at a client's house.

Anyone got any tips or tricks for this sort of problem?

Just to add... I do know the correct way of doing it, i've had the tent a while now. Also if there is no way of fixing it does anyone know where I can get a good price one (without compromising quality). I've only had it about 5 months and don't fancy paying full cost again if this is what happens with them :(

Last edited:
Do you fold it this way? As there are two ways of doing it and sometimes when the wires have twisted this sometimes puts it right. Just put this in ur taskbar on google and see what you think. HTH:confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFR6-cflPmA&feature=related

Please check website for prices on the skylight cubicle.

Hi Steve,

Yeah that's exactly how I fold it. I just don't know what's happened to it.
Thanks for getting back to me :)

Your not near Birmingham are u? pm me if you dont want to say but, I have had one of these go back to shape by folding it another way.

Afraid not, I live in Glasgow.

Do you happen to know of any videos on youtube that show the other way?

I think I have one on my other computer? if you send me your email I will send it to you. I have a trainer in dunfermline if your stuck.:)

Great thanks will pm you my email :)

Thanks collin

I did actually watch this on on youtube last night as well. Looked through quite a few. Not had a chance to try all of the different methods but have a bit of free time today so i'll be giving it a go.

My tent doesn't even go down so easily as demonstrated in any of the video tutorials. It is showing quite a bit of resistance.

Thanks for the video. Will let you know if it helps.

i am having the same problem i have used my tent once and have ignored my phone while im trying to untwist it!! i am so annoyed!!
if you work out how to untwist it please let me know!!

Out of interest do your tents have the fireproof label and the CE mark on them there seems to be lots of posts lately about cubicles not folding properly:irked::irked:

i am having the same problem i have used my tent once and have ignored my phone while im trying to untwist it!! i am so annoyed!!
if you work out how to untwist it please let me know!!
YouTube - Pop Up Tanning Booth Instructions this is one way to fold the tent and below is the other way try both ways ive found that when i have one thats twisted if you do it the other way to your normal way it works

Last edited:

Yay:lol: my tent is back to normal!

I normally fold it as the first video shows to make the loop by bringing both ends together, however with a little (actually a lot) of patience and cursing:eek: I have used the technique shown in this video, folded repeatedly and finally the wire popped back into place :) It took me a few good times to get it back to it's normal state.

Thanks Collin and Dawn and Steve for all your help with.

Also yes my tent does have a safety CE label on it.

yes its just a case of if i dont fold by one method try the other one even if you have been folding it the same way for months some times it just stops bending right :irked::irked: but if you do the opposite method it bends it back in shape:):):)

Latest posts

Back