Problems, problems!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzy jay

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondered what your thoughts are on this.....customer came in for nail tips , she decided on clear tips painted over with a gelish block colour.
she came back to the salon 5 days later and complained that she wasn't happy with them & wanted her money back! I hadn't done them as I was off at the time but I had a look at them and the problem she had was that a couple of them were curved upwards due to the fact she is a severe nail biter!

We suggested that she hung on in with them to enable her natural nail to get some growth and we'd have a look at them on her infill appointment in 2 weeks.

9 days later she phoned and said that she had now lost 2 of the tips and definitely wanted her money back now! I explained that this was not salon policy and offered a full re do at no charge, she put her partner on the line and he was abusive and said he was going to trading standards!

I'm sure I've done everything possible to resolve this but just wondered if anyone else has had a problem like this and what you did to resolve it?

JOKE ... in our salon, nail biters get NO guarantees. They have been abusing and making their own nails ugly for years and then have the cheek to complain if their nail tips look strange?? Give me a break. Trading standards indeed. :rolleyes:

JOKE ... in our salon, nail biters get NO guarantees. They have been abusing and making their own nails ugly for years and then have the cheek to complain if their nail tips look strange?? Give me a break. Trading standards indeed. :rolleyes:

Yeah I thought that, but the young girl told her they could last upto 3 weeks, some people just want it all, I offered a free re do like I said or to take them off and manicure but hey ho, you can't please them all lol

Yeah I thought that, but the young girl told her they could last upto 3 weeks, some people just want it all, I offered a free re do like I said or to take them off and manicure but hey ho, you can't please them all lol
The girl who did them did nothing wrong and in fact did the correct thing in saying they could last UP TO 3 weeks.

The key words are UP TO this means that they could last 3 weeks not they WILL last 3 weeks.

I would not even offer a free redo. I would tell the girl she got a decent amount of time from the service considering the state of her nails when she originally came in and that if she wants to go to trading standards she is more than welcome as you have done nothing wrong and the explanation of the service was accurate.

Tradeing standards wouldnt give her the time of day anyway!! xx

It's definitely not "problems, problems" as the thread of your title says.
She is lucky they lasted that long.
Sit her down, soak them all off, charge her for your time and send her packing. Works a treat for me!

This reminds me of a really bad nail biter I had once who wanted extensions. She seriously asked "This won't damage my natural nails will it?" I nearly laughed out loud. I said "If I get a hammer out I couldn't do more damage to your nails than you already have".

Back on topic. Send her packing, particularly because her partner was abusive. She's a chancer.

On nail biters I refuse to do tips only forms. I also make them start short and if they keep them tidy and as the grow out I have no problem going longer. Because of problems like you are having I am so careful with biters, if they dont like it go somewere else! Lol

But yeah iv experianced what happened to you and it sucks. Gotta love people *big forced smile* good luck babe!

Sit her down, soak them all off, charge her for your time and send her packing. Works a treat for me!

And don't have her back.

On nail biters I refuse to do tips only forms. I also make them start short and if they keep them tidy and as the grow out I have no problem going longer. Because of problems like you are having I am so careful with biters, if they dont like it go somewere else! Lol

But yeah iv experianced what happened to you and it sucks. Gotta love people *big forced smile* good luck babe!

I have done literally thousands of nail biters using tips ... If used well, I can't see what difference using forms would make ... A nail biter can bite them off just the same and a nail technician can make nails with a form look just as ugly as by using a tip incorrectly.

I have done literally thousands of nail biters using tips ... If used well, I can't see what difference using forms would make ... A nail biter can bite them off just the same and a nail technician can make nails with a form look just as ugly as by using a tip incorrectly.

I've got to say, been doing acrylic extensions for two years and I've NEVER had a nail biter leave with normal looking nail extensions. I know in the Marian Newman book there is a section on how to trim the tip to help it look more natural but I've never had it work personally.

Don't give her the money back, if she called back after 2 or 3 days saying she didn't like them then that's just it - SHE DIDN'T LIKE THEM. And they still lasted another 9 days before they 'popped' off, IF they popped at all. As an ex nail biter I can tell you...twice I had acrylics done to help me stop, both times I bit them off!! (naughty!)

Thanks to all, I was thinking along the same lines, but have had conversations with the nail techs now about making sure they say the Gelish and gelacryl nails can last upto 3 weeks and not do last 3 weeks!

As for the client who's partner said he was going to trading standards, well we haven't heard anything since! And she's missed out on a free set of nails!

Latest posts

Back