Problems using CND LED lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessicaolivia

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems using the new CND LED lamp?!
After doing the correct applications and new curing times for the led lamp, after removing the sticky inhibition layer, nails feel 'spongey', you can imprint on the nail with pressure, and with little force the nails simply peel away!
I have compared my lamp to another led lamp and the nails feel slightly harder when cured in a different one.
Has anyone else had a similar problem using the LED CND shellac lamp?!

This also happened to me, sent it back & gone back to using my UV lamp.

Yes and I noticed in the other thread that other people were having it as well. I went back and tried much thinner layers on colour pops and it was the same. Really worried.

I've not had any problems with curing in the LED lamp but I have found its terrible for toes and long enhancements the ends haven't cured! X

I purchased the new CND LED lamp yesterday, we used it three times and three time's we had problems!!! Tried it on ourselves and have noticed it is too sensitive, if you don't have the fingers in the EXACT place they're not going to cure. Unfortunately we have older clients who just won't get this. I've called Sweet Squared who actually admitted to me they've had problems and I could send it back, she just had to get her manager to call me. I've called again this morning and was told it's not a fault and even though I've purchased over the internet and it's not fit for purpose, they will not take it back!!

I'm absolutely fuming I have a machine that's over £200 that I cannot use, as per usual Sweet Squared Customer Service sucks, I won't be leaving it there!

I've had this lamp since it was released. I've got two of the old UV lamps but have not used them since getting the LED. Perhaps I'm just lucky but I haven't had any issues with undercuring at all. I've got a range of clients 18 through to 89 and they all manage to get their fingers into the correct position. I also use it for toes and have never had any problems.

We are on our 3rd power cable - delivered this morning and still does not stay in. Keeps cutting out as soon as you move the lamp in the slightest. We have 4 UV and 1 LED. I need to purchase another and it will definitely be the UV!

My power cable crackles and smells sometimes it also can cut out and flash on and off. I too find the customer service awful so daren't call. Thinking of sellotapeing it in so it doesn't move. I have to flick if off at the plug when it's out of use as I'm worried about it. Xx

I also got mine when it first came out,the only problem I had was it stopped working but that was due to me placing it onto a towel which the fan underneath got blocked..my fault and they swapped it the next day! Haven't had a problem since xx

Ive had mine since April since the Event and never had a problem at all with it [emoji2]

My power cable is rubbish too, I'm on my third lamp as ellisons has replaced it for me

So have u all kept your led lamps? What r u going to do with them? I have one but I can't use it as didn't realise it doesn't set other brands, gutted.

I have a CND LED lamp, 2 CND UV lamps and a Gel ll LED lamp.

I use the CND LED for shellac and the Gel ll for Gel ll and have the other 2 as spares as they cure everything - they just take longer.

I'll touch wood as I say it but I've never had a problem with any of them fortunately.

Vic x

Latest posts

Back