Problems with clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winky

Reaction score
I'm starting to get fed up with my clients attitudes about their nails. First they expect to go 5-6 weeks between fills so they only come in when the gel is badly lifted or when 1 or 2 nails are missing. I keep telling them that this weakens their natural nails and that the next time they won't last as long. Yet they just won't listen!! Then how frustrating is it when they start threatening to remove their enhancements because they are lasting under 4 weeks. Even worse is when they rip off the gel then complain that the gel ruined their natural nails. Just today a former client was complaining loudly that the gel ruined her nails, but she forgets that she would let the gel lift so badly that she would often get greenies (my only client with this problem). Even when i would warn her that she had to get her rebalance done urgently she would wait an extra week. I don't know what to do about this anymore but it's so discouraging that i feel like giving up. Any advice?

You MUST charge more for rebalances the longer they wait. Institute a new policy.
2 week fill - $ should be priced as your standard rebalance
3 week fill - $ should be $7-$14 more than the 2 week service
4 week fill - $ should be priced as a full set
This is designed to prevent them from waiting so late for their maintenance. If they may get mad....TOO BAD! You need to be respected as a professional for all of the work that you do, the extra time you're spending, and all the product that you're using.
Those that do not want to comply can go somewhere else and be a headache there.
I know many techs that charge this way for rebalances.
Also make sure that you are giving your clients aftercare advice, and let them know that taking care of their nails is a partnership, and that they must hold up THEIR end. This is just my advice. Take care!

mgloverfam said:
You MUST charge more for rebalances the longer they wait. Institute a new policy.
2 week fill - $ should be priced as your standard rebalance
3 week fill - $ should be $7-$14 more than the 2 week service
4 week fill - $ should be priced as a full set
This is designed to prevent them from waiting so late for their maintenance. If they may get mad....TOO BAD! You need to be respected as a professional for all of the work that you do, the extra time you're spending, and all the product that you're using.
Those that do not want to comply can go somewhere else and be a headache there.
I know many techs that charge this way for rebalances.
Also make sure that you are giving your clients aftercare advice, and let them know that taking care of their nails is a partnership, and that they must hold up THEIR end. This is just my advice. Take care!
Absolutely - I agree with this policy too - graduating rebalance prices is definitely a good incentive for those clients who like to leave them until they are practically hanging off - nothing speaks louder to them than money!

Latest posts

Back