Problems with gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlisaVeenkamp

Reaction score
I'm having problems with whole nails of gel coming off what is this??

What's your prep?

Sent from my ME371MG using SalonGeek mobile app

have you contacted your educator looking at your past post it seems you are having all sorts of issues perhaps they can advise or let you attend a class again

Yeah I've contacted them and they just blame the customer every time but I'm doing everything right like I got taught but it's not going right it doesn't chip the whole thing comes off, I put cuticle
Oil and push cuticles back then buff nails up and shape to whichever shape person wants then do base layer cure for 2 minutes then do builder later and cure for 2 minutes then I do colour layer once and cure then again then I do gel sealer layer

When you say cuticle oil, do you mean remover?

Sent from my ME371MG using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah I've contacted them and they just blame the customer every time but I'm doing everything right like I got taught but it's not going right it doesn't chip the whole thing comes off, I put cuticle
Oil and push cuticles back
then buff nails up and shape to whichever shape person wants then do base layer cure for 2 minutes then do builder later and cure for 2 minutes then I do colour layer once and cure then again then I do gel sealer layer
glad you braught this up again whoever taught you to use cuticle oil as part of your prep is .... i think ill end that one there watch some tutorials on prep
cuticle oil for prep with gels and acrylics /gel polish i would ask for my money back your educator has let you down demand to go back and sit in on an extra class here are two style of preps
i hope this helps

Prepare Nails for Acrylic and Gel Tutorial Video by Naio Nails - YouTube

Enhancement P.R.E.P. - YouTube

No I always got told cuticle oil but I don't know any different as starting off on my own I'm only going family and friends which I'm glad they look beautiful but fall
Off which is no good! Yeah I'm not very happy I've just been asking for advice from other nail techs I know or people on here, thankyou very much for that x

Who did you train with? Can't see why anyone would teach to use cuticle oil before a gel application :-/

No I always got told cuticle oil but I don't know any different as starting off on my own I'm only going family and friends which I'm glad they look beautiful but fall
Off which is no good! Yeah I'm not very happy I've just been asking for advice from other nail techs I know or people on here, thankyou very much for that x
so no cuticle oil ever for prep go from there but you do need to get back in touch with your educator and say you are not happy

It's really odd that you have been told to use cuticle oil to do cuticle removal - unless all traces of the oily residue are removed, I'm not surprised that they are lifting

Which system are you using?xx

Cuticle oil is a no no during prep, you're adding oil to the nail plate, we remove excess cuticle, etch & dehydrate the nail plate before applying gel, you need to go back to your educator

Yeah now you've all mentioned it it makes sense to not use it but seen as I've been taught that way I never really realised, I will get back in touch with them and try the no cuticle oil, thankyou very much x

Latest posts

Back