Problems with NSI technocolor coloured acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzbydebz

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
Can you please help to diminish my problems with nsi coloured acrylic. I've tried the purple and when it's applied it is blotchy. I've used young nails coloured acrylic and didn't have this problem. I thought it wasn't mixed correctly. So I shook/rolled the pot but it didn't help. It's like there is patchy blobs in the mix. Is there any way to make colours more opaque.
Thanks geeks xxx

I've uploaded a pic which is the full purple nail.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1486517858772_1.jpg
    FB_IMG_1486517858772_1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 51
Patchy colour with L&P is down to mix ratio consistency - every bead needs to be the same ratio to achieve the same colour density. Too wet and it will look clearer, too dry and it will be darker and patchy. The mix ratio will be different with each brand which is why it's not recommended to mix and match products from different brands - thats probably why you have no issue with Youngs but do with NSI. I'm not a Youngs Nails user but from what I do know is it's quite a slow setting product so there is more time for the powder to absorb the liquid and 'even' out before it sets hard. NSI is a fast setting system so it has less time to 'even' out before it cures.

You'll need to sit and practise your bead ratio with the NSI until you get the same bead everytime. You might also want to try laying down a thin layer first, then a larger bead over the top to create the structure which will be all one ratio. Or create the base colour then cap with clear and create the structure with the clear. Less chance of filing through the colour too by using a clear to cap.

Patchy colour with L&P is down to mix ratio consistency - every bead needs to be the same ratio to achieve the same colour density. Too wet and it will look clearer, too dry and it will be darker and patchy. The mix ratio will be different with each brand which is why it's not recommended to mix and match products from different brands - thats probably why you have no issue with Youngs but do with NSI. I'm not a Youngs Nails user but from what I do know is it's quite a slow setting product so there is more time for the powder to absorb the liquid and 'even' out before it sets hard. NSI is a fast setting system so it has less time to 'even' out before it cures.

You'll need to sit and practise your bead ratio with the NSI until you get the same bead everytime. You might also want to try laying down a thin layer first, then a larger bead over the top to create the structure which will be all one ratio. Or create the base colour then cap with clear and create the structure with the clear. Less chance of filing through the colour too by using a clear to cap.

Thanks so much for your reply. After reading that. It clicked I use l&p from youngs and tried the coloured powder nsi. Realising it has there powder built in...

Thanks so much for your reply. After reading that. It clicked I use l&p from youngs and tried the coloured powder nsi. Realising it has there powder built in...

Were you mixing systems? Youngs liquid and NSI powders? Then yes thats why you'll have problems with colour. You could also experience product breakdown, the two elements (liquid & powder) are designed to work together within a system. You might get cracking/breaking/lifting/etc.

Glad you worked it out

Latest posts

Back