Problems with spray tan gun

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnewMe

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I'm new to spray tanning and having a problem with my click and tan gun. While spraying from time to time the spray diminishes or stops completely and I have to keep readjusting the dial. Am I doing something wrong? I'm told there's nothing wrong with the gun. It's so frustrating and time consuming! If anyone has any ideas what I might be doing wrong I'd really appreciate some advice. It's making me lose confidence.
Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are you turning the gun down by accident while spraying? Have you spoken to your supplier?

I'm definitely not doing that. Its very hard to touch the dial while spraying The supplier checked the gun and said it's fine. Confused!

Hi. What model is it?

It's the Click and tan x

If the flow is to fast it does that it sort of builds up blocks itself then spurts out if that makes sense lol or if the tube inside falls out slightly it will also stop completely so unscrew top push little plastic disc up as far as it will go and then I would turn flow right down then open slightly then a bit more etc to test x

Agree with Cabby. I had a similar problem recently caused by the weight in my pick up tube being pushed up a little to high (my fault).

The only other thing I will mention is to make sure you keep the gun upright at all times when you are spraying. If you tilt the gun the solution will obviously move and the pick up tube may be taking in air instead of solution causing it to stop/splutter. Also make sure you you have plenty of solution in your cup as the pick up tube will take in air if the solution level falls too low. Hth x

Thanks so much for the tips. I will definitely try your suggestions. I am really careful not to tip the gun. Going to get my gun out tomorrow and see if your tips solve the problem. Wish me luck :) xx

Goodluck. Let us know how you get on. I hope you get it sorted x

Will do. Thanks lil'gem x

Well I've tried all the suggestions and the gun is working better now. The spray still gets less a bit but not nearly as much as it used to.
Thanks for all your help xx

Latest posts

Back