Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbabe

Reaction score
Evening all,

Im doing an NVQ level 2 at college. The products we use are Salon Systems when we carry out manicures and pedicures. Im going to buy some products so I can start to charge family and friends for treatments.

Would you all buy the products you are using at college? Or would you just buy cheaper makes in a catalogue or superstore or products that you havent used before ??? :eek: Im stuck! lol

Thanks in advance. :confused:

Evening all,

Im doing an NVQ level 2 at college. The products we use are Salon Systems when we carry out manicures and pedicures. Im going to buy some products so I can start to charge family and friends for treatments.

Would you all buy the products you are using at college? Or would you just buy cheaper makes in a catalogue or superstore or products that you havent used before ??? :eek: Im stuck! lol

Thanks in advance. :confused:

If you are confident with the product you are using and feel it is the best for you then I would carry on buying it. Why not buy some sample kits from all the top companies and this way you cna compare these to what you have been using. I would avoid buying very cheap products because they tend not to be very good.

Don't buy cheap! You get what you pay for cheap product equals cheap results.:irked:

I suppose it depends how much you want to charge and how much they'd be willing to pay. When i did it, i charged about £5 I think, and i was never short of clients which is how i got better and more confident and i used the cheaper products from sallys and capitals. Theres no point buying expensive stuff if u're not gonna have the clients. I'd have a chat to your friends and family if i was you xxx

Thank you :lol:

salon system are fine especially as you are not charging too much at the mo.They do starter kits with everything you need for 32.20 + vat in the ellisons catalogue.Whatever you choose i just think it looks more professional if it is all the same make and not bits of this and that.It shows you have confidence in the product and also if it is a professional only product its a bit more special than something they can buy themselves at the supermarket.

Have any of you used Skin Truth products?:lol:

All i know about skintruth is that my friend who is quite sensitive can't use the facial range as it brings her out in red blotches

We use some Skin Truth products at College, we used a hand mask and some massage cream and i must say I really liked the massage cream, it was good to work with, it had a nice clean smell although maybe a little too clinical. I have the web address so im going to have a look at some of the other products they do.

Latest posts

Back