Professional Beauty 2012 | Beauty All Stars

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Professional Beauty All Stars 2012 saw a star line up and yours truly was there to take notes of their wise words. The panel consisted of Sue Marsh, nail expert and manicurist to good ol’ VB. She was joined by Daniel Sandler, make up artist and respected leader in his field for over 20 years, tanning-guru James Read, and Anastasia Achilleos, an expert in the field of holistic facials.

The first question went to Sue Marsh and she was asked what dream nail product or tool she would invent if she could. Of course, being the icon that she is, Sue had to admit that she’d already invented it! The cuticle pusher (a tool that we all now accept as one of our most essential) came into being after Sue had an interview with nail goddess, Gigi Rouse. She initially used her nippers to push cuticle back and after Gigi enquired as to what and why she was doing it, it wasn’t long before CND took Sue’s ideas on board and created the tool.

Next, Daniel Sandler was asked whether mineral make up could be suitable for photo shoots. With what appeared to be some resignation, Daniel replied that we had to accept them as part of the industry. Daniel was in fact the first to use minerals in make-up ten years ago; there’s no doubt that it’s good for your skin, but unless you’re highly sensitive it’s really not necessary. Plus, a good make up artist always has a range of tools in their kit – some of those may be minerals, but when it comes to HD shoots…Daniel seemed to imply that minerals probably couldn’t be solely relied on.

Anastasia was up next and was asked for her top tip for making unhealthy skin look healthy. What was her answer? Touch it. Touching and massaging your skin will increase circulation and oxygenate it in a way that not even the most expensive cream can do. It will increase hair growth, make lips pouty and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. “Don’t be scared!” says Anastasia. “Massage your skin for health, radiance and luminosity.”

Finally James Read was asked what his top three tanning tips were. Top of his list was no surprise: DON’T OVER APPLY! After that, he advises preparing the skin properly by exfoliating and ensuring that you get rid of the old tan before you apply the new tan. Finally, you’ve got to pick the right product for you. Light skin tones should choose gradual tanning products. Spray tans are great for medium skin tones and only darker skin tones should go for lotions. “It’s all about the natural look!” While it doesn’t sound like rocket science…we’ve all seen it done badly!

I don’t know about you but I’m off to massage my own face, add a couple of mineral make-up products to my collection (just in case!) and, as I’m a medium skin tone, find me a spray tan.

Until then…geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• AnI3OQPCAAAc2dM.jpg
    AnI3OQPCAAAc2dM.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 830
I thought I saw you there! Tapping away n taking pics on ur iPad. Nearly said hello but wasn't sure. Hiya from Shine Nails ;)

Latest posts

Back