Professional Beauty 2015

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, those of you that went today, spill the beans! What were the best bargains/deals you got (without posting actual prices)? Anything new and amazing you found? What stands did you like the most? Any good industry gossip or buzzes?

Where should I head for tomorrow?

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you get a VIP badge??

Just got back had a really good day but spent way too much as usual :') took me about an hour to choose what gel colours to buy from IBD. IBD also had a bowl of gels and polishes they were discontinuing for a quarter of the price :Love: got some lovely glitters cant wait to try them out.

As for gossip I was very shocked to see BlueSky being sold at Pro Beauty had to do a double take as i walked past :/ x

IBD buy one get one free for everything at certain times during the day. Spent way too much but can't wait to try out my new colours!

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Are you serious :( I only got 3for2 feel sad now loool x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love PB.
This year seemed so much more chilled out than usual, not really crowded.

I've always been sent a VIP badge but I don't know why?
Some years I've been invited to collect gifts from Clarins, Dermalogica & Elemis.
You get a goody bag, show book, half price seminars, PB subscription £10 cheaper with a full size Elemis marine cream.
But what is handy is the lounges dotted about with seating, champers and coffee. No cake though :(

Did anyone collect their prize for the scratch card? I forgot mine so I didn't find out what it was.

I became a virtual stockist for HD makeup and picked 7 products.
Became a Revitalash stockist.
I can't remember what the 'eyelift' cream was called but my mum loved it and she got some so I am waiting on information to come regarding stocking that.
Placed an order with Lycon, did some shopping at Jessica.
Got some Lycon face oils.
Bought myself some clarins goodies.
Had a chat with dermalogica regarding marketing the BioSurface peel training I have just done.
Forgot to buy some fake bake and had an overpriced jacket potato.

Good day, could have done better but was a bit hungover, though perked up after little trips to the VIP lounges.
Usually come back with stacks of freebies but I couldn't be bothered. Will get an early night next year!

How did you all get on?

Ahhh what didn't i get... i had to behave myself! ;) my 1st port of call was s2, the queue was surprisingly fast, great offers on new collections. I purposefully hadn't brought the fauna one but glad i did the swatches are beautiful along with the muse collection. I brought the lcente glitter which i justified as i love sparkly things. .there isn't any swatches but beautiful array of colours. Make sure you queue there 1st!

Perron had 20% off, great buy in bulk! Maximist/suntana 1st year there, great offers great demo and fabulous service, i walked away with new machine and great price on my solutions!!! Cyrano had good offers on the Australian gold-good for anyone wanting to either get a tan or go away on holiday! Simon jersey had 20% off and vat off. Really nice cut uniforms with good offers and you got delivery as well! Caflon had earrings at such a good price i brought 2 and solution! Dreamweave had some brand new products good show offers there. I looked into millennium purely because thry have really reasonable prices on little consumables. Oh and starglazer glitters are always nice to purchase there! I also went and said hi to all my reps at different companies, they all gave me a warm embrace! Finally i went lurking around the vip lounges for free coffee it was a tiring day!

My advice is to go to all these stands, get the offers and get delivery if not in stock! Make sure you compile a list! Oh and i did go to one of the hyped up stands that ppl been raving about in here regarding nails n got completely ignored Especially when there is people free! meh...! Xoxo

What did I do? Well I Umm'd and Ahh'd over Majestic new super large couch towels with face holes in, and drooled over the memory foam bolsters, but luckily they weren't in stock so I'll have to order online with the discount code in the Show Guide.

I saw lots of nice looking uniforms - we're tall in my salon and a lot of tunics are a bit skimpy over the bum - so I like to see stuff in the flesh. I amused myself at a newly launched uniform company (pricy £75 a top! Sheesh!) by asking if the zips were metal. It was worth a few minutes of my time just to see them flapping :lol: when I explained that metal zips up the centre front of a beauty uniform are not a great idea.

I signed up for training in red wine antiaging facials with Ayverdic face lifting massage and bought some products including chin wraps Great show offer fromCool herbals (I think - rubbish name), I browsed the hamman ritual and honey wax paste selection at Charme d'Orient and came away with some bumf.

I was disappointed that OPI sold out of base coat and had only brought retail stock - I was looking forward to buying another Lena White Cuticle pushy to save us squabbling over the one I already have. Bio Sculpture was a dead loss - nothing for existing account holders. Louella Belle was busy - I picked up some seche base and solvent and some Morgan Taylor base but I found the layout confusing and as I walked away I saw other things that I would have liked to buy but I couldn't face queuing again. A lot of stuff wasn't priced which I hate - there weren't enough staff to assist. The Orly stand looked nice but 3 colours for £xx or 3 treatment products for £xx isn't enough of a deal to tempt me to queue again! I never made it toCuccio which was a real shame as I absolutely love all their products and had intended stocking up. I also missed out on a £50 goody bag and extra 10% off with my VIP badge.

I had a lovely time on the outback organics/depileve stand. I stupidly bought a load of wax to take advantage of 20% discount plus no postage - then I splurged on a bargain baby wax heater starter kit and persuaded the nice lady to swap out one of the items. I had the gel cleanser and body oil demonstrated and can't wait to have a play. I remembered to call into Adam & Eve wax and bought the last red Belmacil tint in the UK. I heard my name being called and discovered I had my back to Kerie Hoy ofBDB. I stopped for a chat but didn't buy anything as I'd taken advantage of their online show offer.

I did a drive buy at Divine Herbal - 20% off their lovely products. And bought a starter callus peel kit on offer for £xx. I sat on a saddle stools at Beauty Express but I was annoyed as the show offer didn't include delivery which is normally free on that value. I scooted around the equipment stands but didn't see a bum friendly saddle stool :( I bought some fabulous facial ampoules at a great show price. And chatted to lots of people.
Just have to make a final choice on uniform - the offers are all online and that's the end of my PB Show

I'm sure it's well worth a trip would love to head over but just manic here will defo head to pro beauty in October in Dublin

Are you serious :( I only got 3for2 feel sad now loool x

I was just lucky to be there at the right time 😄 x

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Did anyone collect their prize for the scratch card? I forgot mine so I didn't find out what it was.

Not sure if the prizes were all the same, but mine was a sachet of body whip cream from Louella Belle.

Is anyone at the show this afternoon

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can someone tell me what advantages the vip holders had? I got my free parking and professional beauty bag with two magazines but I didn't realise there were other things I missed out on 😔

Can someone tell me what advantages the vip holders had? I got my free parking and professional beauty bag with two magazines but I didn't realise there were other things I missed out on 😔

Champagne and tea & coffee in VIP lounges :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not sure if the prizes were all the same, but mine was a sachet of body whip cream from Louella Belle.

They werent the same mine was from Comfort zone :) a leg gel and a cream of some sort :') the woman just handed me the bag and walked away didnt tell me what it was for or how to use it :confused: luckily there were some small directions on the back of the sachet :thumbup:

I asked at the professional beauty mag stall about the scratch card she sent me to row z no one knew anything about them so still didn't get my prize think it was a con 😗 didn't think it was so busy this year and not so many vat free stalls just show deals not as good as past years shame

There was a small stall at the front in the left hand corner where you collected your VIP goodie bags and redeemed scratch cards

I asked at the professional beauty mag stall about the scratch card she sent me to row z no one knew anything about them so still didn't get my prize think it was a con 😗 didn't think it was so busy this year and not so many vat free stalls just show deals not as good as past years shame

I asked 3 people working at the entrance and also outside at the registration and none of them had a clue what I was talking about so I gave up.

I asked 3 people working at the entrance and also outside at the registration and none of them had a clue what I was talking about so I gave up.

I'm not convinced you missed anything spectacular.

With my sensitive skin, I daren't use the gift I got anyway :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back