Professional Beauty allowing non pros in!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always drive so have the car to dump stuff in but I totally vote for lockers and a ban on trolleys.

Having all the retail stands in a separate room from the pro only stuff would be a good idea & keep the non pro shoppers out.

I was just looking at the Professional Beauty website and noticed that you can register as a guest or even a beauty fan!
I am very peed off about this. It's bad enough that we know the odd few non pros get in but for PB to actively encourage non pros to attend a professional show, is quite frankly disgusting.
I am so mad about this.
What are your thoughts?
I so agree with you.

Well if it's worse this time around, it's not worth the show deals to me. I'll make my decision whilst there to decide whether to bother anymore and my local CND Academy have said they are matching show deals anyway.

I wish the whole thing was more strict, but how would you do it?

By insisting on people giving their insurance details. If you work in a salon the owner would need to register and nominate named staff to attend.
If you're at college your tutor would register and add named students.
If you're vat registered you could register with that. If you're a limited company you could use the company number to register.
If you're a beauty blogger then you're considered press and there's a valid place for them.

I suspect that PB might worry about lower footfall but maybe it would be better to have quality rather than quantity.
What do you think?

Totally agree with you Lynne.
I think the organizers, just want footfall to show suppliers/companies how 'busy and successful' the show is.
A few years ago, when I stopped going, because the show was losing its professionalism, the big companies told me they were stopping exhibiting because of the type of visitors - quantity not quality.
If PB continue in this way, they will lose the big names again and the show will go downhill.

Latest posts

Back