Professional Beauty Magazine Subscription

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tillymint

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their Prof Beauty subcription ?

I signed up at the Manchester show in October and have not recieved any mags. I have rang several times and have been told that they are changing the people who distribute the magazinnes. As I paid cash, ( I know, I could kick myself! ), it's not like I could cancel. Even if they are changing systems they shouldn't be selling subscriptions they can't honour, as I was told it would start in November.

I have subscibed some years ago with no problems and have even received free copies occasionally so I must be on their data base somehere.

If anyone has had similar problems I would be glad to know how it was resloved.

Thanks

Heya me too- I haven't had any since October- the last one I got was Jenni Middletons last issue. I called up yesterday and was told the same thing. I hope to hear something soon, I paid by cheque (how old fashioned!) so they know they have my money and it's on my bank statement so I'm sure we will all be fine.

Thanks for the quick reply Zoe. It gives me some hope !

I ordered a subscription online in November but haven't had a magazine yet, so will definately be chasing that up! Thanks for bringing that to my attention :eek:

Ah ! Me too, I phoned & also said the same, changing hands ,but have lost the ones since oct, wot a cheek, no refund though, how rude ? X

I subscribed last year, received Novembers copy (there isn't a December issue) but I'm yet to receive January's. I messaged them through Twitter and got a reply back to contact Alistair Wood. If you need the email or phone number pm me and I'll give it :hug:

I emailed Alistair Wood a few days ago and got an answer today, just saying the same about not having database details. No indication of when they hope to have it in place, just hope I'm on it when they do !

Thanks for all the replies, lets hope they sort it soon.

I have had my subscription for a while and never received Decembers. Was about to ring up and Januarys has arrived. I will still ring though as paid for 12 issues not 11!

I have had my subscription for a while and never received Decembers. Was about to ring up and Januarys has arrived. I will still ring though as paid for 12 issues not 11!

I had an email from a guy saying there are only 11 issues and that is why I didn't receive December's. I'll keep watching this thread....hopefully we will get them in the end :hug:

I recieved an issue i didnt subscribe or pay for and was considering subscription, i may reconsider xx

I called Prof Beauty today & they gave me Alistair's number (the new Magazine subscription supplier). His Colleague explained that they still haven't received the database to send the mag out to subscribers as yet, but will do so as soon as they can. She just said that she ''doesn't know what the problem is''...or just wasn't prepared to tell me. So fingers crossed this will be resolved soon.:)

I received this reply from a lady named Joy in response to my email to Alistair...............

We thank you for your email which has been forwarded to us from the publishers of Professional Beauty magazine. We are to be the new subscription bureau for the publishers of Professional Beauty but have still to receive the database showing subscription details, once we have received this we will be able to check on the status of your subscription and forward any missed issues (subject to availability) or restart the subscription, whichever you prefer.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and we thank you for your patience with regards this matter.
Kind regards,
Joy Dalziel

ESco Business Services Ltd

I'm a bit :irked: at the way this has been dealt with, I think they should have informed us all before they chopped and changed subscription bureaus

That's the same reply I got. What annoys me is that everytime I've rang they take my details promising someone will ring back and they never do!

Like I said mine was a new subscription at the Manchester show, which I was told would start from November.

Let,s hope they sort it soon.

I still haven't received since November. (I'm sure they usually do a December issue)

I pay for mine with my insurance and i'm getting pretty peeved that they have given us no warning and still no copies.

Ok their database is messed up, but why don't they take the address when you phone to complain and send your copies?

I too have had the "let me take our information and get someone to call you" conversation and have had no call back.

Not a happy bunny :(

I joined the Associated Irish Therapists insurance last August, and alon with joining you get free subscription to the magazine , have not recieved any at all !! Have rang numerous times and she says the same thing, "Hmm thats strange I cant see why, I'll look into it" But nada!! Would'nt have cancelled my subscription if i thought i wasnt getting it:mad:

Hi everybody,

Regarding Professional Beauty Magazine queries I would like to confirm the following:

• The magazine has been taken over by another company (Trades Exhibitions Ltd) with the launch issue being January from the editor Eve Oxberry.
  • The magazine subscription includes 11 issues per year. There is not a December issue, only January - November.
  • We have had an issue with the subscription database in the crossover from the original owners which is in the process of being rectified. In the meantime Esco, the database bureau has been given the go ahead to send out the January issue to those paid subscribers who had not received the magazine.
  • Those of you who this affects will also have their subscriptions extended to cover any missed issues you have not received out of good will.
  • A selection of beauty professionals within the industry receive the magazine for a limited time only for a trial basis to see whether a subscription is something they may be interested in. Therefore those of you who receive these and have not paid for a subscription will only receive these for a limited time only as people are selected randomly.

I apologise on behalf of Professional Beauty and we are hoping to get this issue solved as soon as possible so you can carry on receiving our brand new look magazine packed with news, practical business advice and the latest innovations within the industry.

In the meantime, any of you who has a paid for subscription and has not received past issues, please can you send an email to me directly to [email protected] detailing when you started your subscription, your reference number, address and any other details to confirm your subscription.

Thank you for your patience and we look forward to hearing from you.

Nicki

Latest posts

Back