Professional nail art pens

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkzebranails

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the direction of some professional nail art pens please?

I would like a pen with nib and brush - all I can see when looking about are cheap ones from china.

Thank you

any body have any recommendations?

I don't have recommendations as I brought a bunch last year for eBay and there a lot of them are crap haha sorry I'm not any help. Try nubar I had an email this morning saying they are doing a buy 5 get 6th free? Xx

I bought a load of the Nubar (double) pens expecting brilliance, however they were lame!

The stripper brushes are terrible and the paint just literally pours out of the pen end. Such a waste of money :(

Striper!!!! Not stripper! (Bloody predictive text!) xx

I brought some Sally Hansen ones from America earlier this year which are like actual pens which are good but I stopped using them as the polish had to be bone dry and if applied over a topcoat they would do that pen thing on a shiny surface where they rub off easily and stuff, so now I just use all paint brushes. Sorry not much help either

Hiya my nan recently bought me some rio nail art pens and they're really good! I think it was 8 I got in the pack and it was the metallic collection. It's really helpful aswell as they're I'd a DVD you can watch that gives you tips, and a little booklet with tips on how to do a few designs. Basically perfect for a beginner! And for anybody else.

I use models own. They sell them in boots. Xx

I too have a few from rio, I have beer really had a problem with them, I usually buy the black and white and gold and silver ones from my local wholesalers.
You can also use a striper brush with your normal polishes.

Omg beer! Sorry phone likes to change words. Ment never!x

Personally I don't like nail art pens as you can't get really fine detailing with them (or at least I can't!) I just use striper brushes with shellac/whatever polish I'm using and I've just bought a few of Sam Biddle's pens for using acrylic paint

What are sam biddle pendcand which acrylic paint do you use with them?? Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Here you go Nail Art Pen from Sam Biddle, Be Creative

you can use any acrylic paint but if you use crafters paint you may need to water it down slightly to the right consistency, there are some brilliant video guides for this.

Thats brill thanku, ive been wondering about acrylic paints so im going to order some from there. The gel paint loojs interesting aswell xxx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you all!

I think Im going to invest in some acrylic paints after all!

Orly do ones with just a striping brush which I use for less detailed work. It's water based and I love it.
When I need something more detailed I use the necessary brush/tool with some acrylic paint.
I find that with the acrylic paint that you do need to by a reputable brand, as it can crack under your top coat.

Orly do ones with just a striping brush which I use for less detailed work. It's water based and I love it.
When I need something more detailed I use the necessary brush/tool with some acrylic paint.
I find that with the acrylic paint that you do need to by a reputable brand, as it can crack under your top coat.

I've got a couple of the orly ones too, the colours are good but the glitters are a bit naff as they dry up really quickly.
Plus I thought they were acrylic not water based? Xx

Sam's pens and paint are brilliant! Much easier and far less troublesome than pens

Latest posts

Back