Professional opinion of my website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R D Beauty

Reaction score
Hi I have created my own website using yola please could you take a look and offer me constructive criticism and tips opinions
www.rdnailsandbeauty.co.uk

Well done on creating your site, love the colours and the logo, have been through a few pages and this is what I've seen:

Menu - top of page, all your pages have a capital letter (Home, Treatments etc) except contact and shop, change them to keep it uniform.

Home page, very informative but not knowing the georgraphy of Burton I don't know if it's important to know exactly where you are but that would be useful, maybe even your contact number under RD Beauty on the top left of your pages?

Treatments, very easy to read and concise, just on an aesthetic level as you refer to mini mani/pedi as a starting point for what your mani/pedi treatments involve then I'd be inclined to put that first - but that's just me. Also in Facials, you refer to mini facial in the description but I'm guessing what you mean is Express Facial.

Well done for getting it up and running!

xx

Thank you for your comments I will take them on board ;)

HIya

It looks really good, wish I was as clever as that. Just a couple of pointers, think Tracey may have mentioned some of these. On the first page you have said Evening Sunday and bank Holiday ... think they should be capitals. On the treatments page, under luxury manicure, you have typed it mini manicure as all one word. I would say as Tracey said, when I scrolled down and you stated treatments were "as mini manicure" you then have to look further down to see what a mini manicure is to then look as to what a luxury manicure is. Again you say mini facial and have listed it as an Express Facial.

I hope this hasn't come out as rude or picking on your work as it is not meant to be, as I am really impressed with it. Looks lovely and professional, just wanted to point out the few errors so it was looking perfect. I know I would want my to be just right. Hope that helps and again well done you. Let me know if you fancy doing a website for me!! :biggrin: xxx

HIya

It looks really good, wish I was as clever as that. Just a couple of pointers, think Tracey may have mentioned some of these. On the first page you have said Evening Sunday and bank Holiday ... think they should be capitals. On the treatments page, under luxury manicure, you have typed it mini manicure as all one word. I would say as Tracey said, when I scrolled down and you stated treatments were "as mini manicure" you then have to look further down to see what a mini manicure is to then look as to what a luxury manicure is. Again you say mini facial and have listed it as an Express Facial.

I hope this hasn't come out as rude or picking on your work as it is not meant to be, as I am really impressed with it. Looks lovely and professional, just wanted to point out the few errors so it was looking perfect. I know I would want my to be just right. Hope that helps and again well done you. Let me know if you fancy doing a website for me!! :biggrin: xxx

Not rude at all I appreciate the feedback I will be doing some editing later when the kids are in bed! The website is free visit yola.com lots of different styles etc and it's really easy to do ;)

It looks good how did you do the logo xx

My friends husband designed the logo for me for free ;)

Your site is looking good. In your gallery I would write a caption of what each picture is, and how much that treatment costs (e.g Minx £20), just so potential clients know what to ask for if they see something they like the look of. xx

Good idea I am in he process of making some changes now ;)

Latest posts

Back