Professional websites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essentia

Reaction score
Hi I just wondered what the thoughts were on how long do you expect a professional beauty website to take. I commissioned one in November (the guy said he could take it on and was free to start) and my home page is not even completed yet and we are in March. I since found out that he had done 5 webs for another large company!! He never told me this just saying that I needed to supply more info for him (not that he used hardly any of it). He also let me buy the hosting in November which I have not been able to use.

I asked him recently how long he expected it to take him to finish - the reply was 2 weeks. This was up on Sunday. The office of fair trading told me that I am entitled to break the agreement with him as he did not deliver in the 2 week period. However he is now wanting to charge me for what he has done (very little) and saying he has spent hours on it and will see his solicitor. Can he do this? the OFT think I am OK but he keeps twisting things and I know he has never really been interested in completing this site but I do not want a court hearing. Very worrying :cry:

How very cheeky of him! A website should really not take that long to create if he is devoting enough time to it. I'd expect a couple of weeks tops to get something up. Certainly not several months, especially if you have paid him already!

I make a point of never charging for a website until it's finished and the customer is happy with it.

hi, mines bin 2 years in may :eek: i havent paid and dont work in the same salon any more so hopefully he will get a move on for others :lol: sorry not much help seams like thay are all the same well not all but you know what i mean

Hi I phoned around and it does seem a couple of weeks is the standard turnaround time. I have not paid him but he is adamant that I owe him money for what he has done so far - not a lot! I will be very careful next time I think!

Latest posts

Back