Prom make up help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rach Dilks

Reaction score
I trained in make up about 5 years ago but never really did anything with it. I have had my first prom booking fr this Friday. Do you have any hints and tips for me? here is the eye look she would like so any products you can recommend to achieve this would be great!

Attachments

• 4CD41982-353E-4A31-BDD5-9F7E3F973121 [15614].JPG
    4CD41982-353E-4A31-BDD5-9F7E3F973121 [15614].JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 88
Hi, the Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes are great for this kind of look as they're heavily pigmented. I really like all of their Naked palettes.

Hi, the Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes are great for this kind of look as they're heavily pigmented. I really like all of their Naked palettes.
Oooh thank you, i have 4 of these. Any other products and steps/tips on how to create this would be great.

Naked palettes definitely would have the colours in to do this. Prime more than you think you need, MAC paint pots in painterly or soft ochre are great and I often use their select cover-up concealer in either nw15 or nw30 depending on skin tone (you want it lighter). Make sure to lay down a transition colour just above the crease, if I remember correctly, buck from Naked 1 should work well and blend blend blend, then blend some more.

Get her to look straight forward when plotting where to put the flick as you know it'll look right when she opens her eyes and press black shadow over the liner if using gel (UD blackout is amazing) to make it super dark and give it staying power. Also, do eyes first, you might get a lot of fallout from the shadows if you're out of practice so it's much easier to clean up if the rest of her face isn't done. Good luck! :)

Naked palettes definitely would have the colours in to do this. Prime more than you think you need, MAC paint pots in painterly or soft ochre are great and I often use their select cover-up concealer in either nw15 or nw30 depending on skin tone (you want it lighter). Make sure to lay down a transition colour just above the crease, if I remember correctly, buck from Naked 1 should work well and blend blend blend, then blend some more.

Get her to look straight forward when plotting where to put the flick as you know it'll look right when she opens her eyes and press black shadow over the liner if using gel (UD blackout is amazing) to make it super dark and give it staying power. Also, do eyes first, you might get a lot of fallout from the shadows if you're out of practice so it's much easier to clean up if the rest of her face isn't done. Good luck! :)
Wow thank you!!!

Latest posts

Back