Promotion evenings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanityVictoria

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I’ve been thinking of doing promotional evenings in the salon. Business has slowed down a little over the last few months so i've had my thinking cap on trying to promote the salon.
I'm not sure if this would be a good idea, something that could work or if anyone does this already. So i'm asking all you fellow geeks help with this.
I was thinking since 0.I.P do Pirates of the Caribbean, Katy Perry, Gossip girl, glee...... nail polish maybe a theme night i could make the salon look a little like pirates movie and play the film. Change some of the names of the treatment so they sound piraty. Then with like the Katy Perry evening make it California girls evening. Play the album, fruit cocktails and so on.
I know it sounds alot of work but i do love dressing rooms and doing this kind of thing. But i'm not sure it it would work and if anyone would be interested in coming to one of these evenings.
This maybe one of my crazy ideas that are just for my head.
So if anyone can tell me the truth of what they think, that would be great. I know it may not work and may not get many people interested. But it sounds like something fun to do and may get people do notice the salon.

Tori
xx

love it! it's something really fun and different! so excited to know if you go for it and to find out how you got on with it! if you can get your local papers involved (which surely they'd wanna know what the fuss is all about?) then i think it would be even better! haha you could always hire a johnny depp a like and advertise there will be a special guest appearance too... is that even legal to say it's a special guest if it's not the real person? lol :\ i'm going to shush before i start sounding crazy! :\ x

Thanks. The more i think about it the more i'm getting excited. I definitely going to try and do this. Even if i only get a few people its still doing something to promote the business.

So far i've come up with this little poster. Its not finished but just wanted to know what you all think???

Ahoy me beauties​
Ahoy me hearties to celebrate the film Pirates of the Caribbean and O.P.I new nail polishes Vanity is having Ahoy me beauties promotion evening.
Friday 20 May 2011 from 5pm

Pirates of the Caribbean 1 will be playing.
Different treatments will be available
Hair ups, nails/pedicures.

Entry £2
You don’t need to have any treatments done you can just sit and watch the movie.
But if you would like a treatment you can book one or you can just come a long.

They may even be a few treat in for you as a surprise.

I think this is such a good idea. Very creative.

Keep us posted to see how it goes!

How are you promoting this? Do you have a window you could dress and advertise in the window?

xx

I love the idea. The only thing you need to check out is whether or not you're allowed to screen the film. I know when we show films at our children's school we have to get a licence. Good luck with your theme night!

I've got to large windows i can dress and advertise in. I'm going to see if any of the local shop will let me advertise in there windows to. I'm lucky that i have a little sister, so i could ask the school if i could hand out flyers or something.

Redduck good point. Thats something to look into. If i need a licence or cant play the movie i'll just have to do the night without it. I think it will be good night with or with out the movie. I 'll just play some pirate themed music. :lol:

At the end of the day it a bit of fun for us and the clients.

x

So i've looking into if you need a licenece. As long as i don't have my ps3 connected to the internet, i don't have a cable to connecting it to watch bbc....... and its my own DVD it doesnt look like i need a licence but if anyone else knows anythig different please say :D

So now i'm just starting to plan the evening. :Scared::eek:

dont' forget to take lots and lots of pics so we can all see! :D really really want it to go well for you! :D x

That sounds like SO much fun!! I'm sure you're so excited about planning it!! It's really different as well, I've never heard of any salons doing anything like that :) If I lived in your area, it would definitely make me want to go along to you as opposed to someone else. Good luck :) xx

So its happening Thursday 23rd June.:green:
I've just been going through some names of the treatments. So tell me what you think??

Mermaid Manciure
Mermaid Pedicure
A Swann Facial Mask
Norrington Pedicure splash
A Turner Toe Turner
Barboosa Hot Manciure
Barboosa Hot Pedicure
Blackbeard's Peal Eyebrows
Davy Jones Eye Eye Pamper Package
Sparrow Me Pamper Package
Lord/Lady Beckett Pamper Package

Mr. Gibbs give away