Protecting our own nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb78

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Just a quick fact finding one really... I'm so fed up having to do my own gel extensions every week due to absolutely battering them doing other people's nails (files, removers, soak offs etc)... has anyone got any handy tips on how to protect your own nails??! I've tried plasters, glovers and selotape (haha, I kid you not!!) xx

How about the finger wraps xx

Hi folks,
Just a quick fact finding one really... I'm so fed up having to do my own gel extensions every week due to absolutely battering them doing other people's nails (files, removers, soak offs etc)... has anyone got any handy tips on how to protect your own nails??! I've tried plasters, glovers and selotape (haha, I kid you not!!) xx

I use flexi tape but also use this white medical tape from the pharmacy that I tape around my nails (sounds random but I used to always have french tips so looked fine) but it would totally protect my nails and I would just peel it off at the end of the day (I used a gel top coat on nails so tape didn't ruin top coat) and they looked perfect and the tape didn't get ruined but the acetone or files like flexi tape can

HTH :D

Ohhh fabulous, I'll try the medical tape stuff!! As much as I love doing nails, it's a bit annoying having to do my own every bloomin week and they always end up funny shapes (where the file hits my own nails!!)
Thanks guys :) xx

I've got some pink nail wrap stuff that sticks to itself, but it comes off when i file, so I'll try the medical tape too, thanks for the tip xx

Latest posts

Back