PRS & PPL free music - advice to avoid licence fee

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kate789

Reaction score
Hi so I am aware that there is an £80 license fee to play recorded music in the salon, but what about these kind of sites which offer free music because the artists are non PRS & PPL members such as links below.

Non PRS Royalty Free Music / Copyright Free Music Library

Avoid PRS|ASCAP|BMI

Has anyone gone with these sorts of CD's to end up getting bitten on the bum and going to court anyway?

I'm just looking for relaxation sounds/music so it's not I will be playing Britney Spears in the background or anything recent.

Your thoughts/experiences?

Hi I use Ichill which is licence free & I did get a call the other day from the license people asking if I had my music license sorted, so I told them I use I chill and they said that was fine.

That's good to know. I haven't registered/signed up yet. Do the cd's downloads cost much?

I use iChill and love them. I have also had a recent call regarding charges, and said it was iChill, and all good. I don't have any radio on at all - not even allowed to listen to a talk radio station in case they play some music, so just don't bother now x

I use iChill and love them. I have also had a recent call regarding charges, and said it was iChill, and all good. I don't have any radio on at all - not even allowed to listen to a talk radio station in case they play some music, so just don't bother now. Just by the by - they did tell me that some companies abroad advertise them as royalty free, but they're not, so wise to be careful, but iChill are def fine x

Do I need to get a licence for playing my iPod in my home beauty room? Xx

No you don't lol! I was told you don't need a license if you're working in your own home. There have been several areas where people are told different things - I was originally told I needed a license when I had a home salon - had it for nearly a year, they then had to refund me! I would call them and ask. I rang and asked for advice once, and they didn't take my details - think that's when I asked about talk radio stations. Definitely check, but sometimes, their right hand doesn't seem to know what their left hand is doing!!!

Maybe one is required for prs and not ppl or other way around! I am also going back several years!

Latest posts

Back