PTLLS - what's next?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayleighs Nail & Beauty Studio

Reaction score
Hi guys, i know they are hundreds of threads relating to the same topic , but here it goes iv been in beauty and nails for 13years and during this time i have been employed, self empliyed and a buisness owner, i have done my ptlls a few years ago and want to know where to go to next , i would be truly grateful for some experienced advise.
I want to teach private courses as aposed to teaching in college, i understand i would need some sort of assessors award to be qualified to pass off work, i have been in touch with a few companys who where interested in me, but is it right if im self employed i have to accredit my own courses which need submitting to the guild or babtac or similar company?
only i read the information on the guild and it states minimum requirement is ptlls, how would that be enough to qualify to issue certificates?
Experienced advise would be appreciated , any tips to get started, where to go next or your own experience, or any training companys with advise
I would love to hear from you

Kayleigh

Hey hunni

If you want to work assessing any qualifications ie such as VRQs / NVQs or such that are regulated by city & Guilds or others etc etc you need your assessors qualification which us called TAQA (the old A1)
If you only want to teach day courses then the Pttls cert you have is fine ...
(If you want to run your own then you have to submit your scheme of works, lesson plans and literature your planning on giving your students and question papers to the awarding body who is going to accredit your courses)

It really depends on where you want to teach. ... Xxx

Latest posts

Back