PTTLS-online course or college?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahhh123

Reaction score
Anyone done an online PTTLS? I need to do it ASAP really, and not sure when my local college is holding it, they are sending me enrolment details etc, but are the online ones any good or shall I get my overworked butt back to college?! X

I am also interested on this so will be watching :) x

Just discovered the beauty guild do an online course :)

Go to college. I've done an online and really struggled with not having somebody where I could ask and found it all condensed. I paid for one of my therapists and she found it extremely hard. Then s other therapist went to college and although they should in theory have the same syllabus they make it easier in college.

I know a few girls that have done the online course with The Guild and got on well, although all have said it is hard going, which it should be. The girls I have known to do it at college felt the same way, that it was a difficult course.

I am about to do mine, I start next week, with The Guild. I am doing an online course as I am stuck at home having had major surgery on my leg and I cannot get about so I thought this would be an ideal time to get it done.

I will let you all know how I am getting on if you like.:biggrin:

I did my PTLLS level 4 through a fast track course, so attended 3 days theory and 4th day I did my microteach, then you are left to get your assignments done. I found it really hard motivating myself at home to do the assignments and it wasnt until they set a dealine I got my arse into gear!! In retrospect I wish I'd gone down the college route.

I did my PTLLS level 4 through a fast track course, so attended 3 days theory and 4th day I did my microteach, then you are left to get your assignments done. I found it really hard motivating myself at home to do the assignments and it wasnt until they set a dealine I got my arse into gear!! In retrospect I wish I'd gone down the college route.

Yes I can see a problem if you find it hard to motivate yourself as this is essential on an intensive course, although maybe would be the same if you attended college, you might leave the assignments to the last minute too? I think it's horses for courses really. My circumstances made my mind up for me and I am motivated, I prefer to get things done immediately and get them out of the way. :D

I'm really keen to become a college tutor. I was considering my PTLLS course. I am worried that I will invest my time and money and still not know what/where/how to progress any further. Can't seem to find many jobs for training.
Do I need to do the DTLLS course, I am happy to do it all if I know there is work at the end of it.

Has anyone got any advice and inspiration please x

I would say if there is an option of going to college then take it!!! The PTTLLS might be the first step into teaching but it is by no means an easy simple course and having the "live" support of your tutor and your fellow students makes it much easier. I done mine over 3 months, it was once a fortnight in the evening and I would have actually liked a bit longer, but that was just me. Our tutor was mega hard on us though!

Good luck though whatever you decide, at the end of the day you have do choose what is best for you in your circumstances!

I have just finished my PTLLS course on Friday. I went to college to do mine and really enjoyed it.
I would recommend doing it at college as you have the constant support of your tutor and peers. Also it helps to discuss things as a group and bounce ideas off each other. We were lucky as well because we had a guy in our group who was an additional learning support tutor. So it was interesting to learn that bit more from him. You also have to do a micro teach session of 30 minutes in front of everyone which is really fun. The other students and tutor give you feedback as well. Doing it practically like this gives you more confidence.
The tutors are always on hand to advise you on what courses to do to further your career which is a big help.
I've already been offered a teaching position.
Good Luck :)

Sarah

The online course with The Guild also has a microteach at the end of the week where you have to attend Milton Keynes college, this is compulsary on any of these courses. :D

Latest posts

Back