Pure Nails products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly Byers

Karma and love
Reaction score
Hello all. Anyone used any of the pure nails products? I love the gel colours and they are such a great price.
Now I want to try the acrylics and hard gels? Anyone tried?

I just did some colour pop sticks for Halo Acrylics today. The colours are particularly nice but the cover colours could be a bit more pigmented, had to build up to get good coverage. It has a lovely texture and consistency to work with and files down really, really easily.
One particular thing I notice about it is how fast it sets. Oh boy, it's fast!!! I was working in the late afternoon with the door open and the evening chill was descending so definitely not heat related. If ever a system needed a slower monomer this is it.

For some the fast setting speed would be handy but if you're a beginner or like to fiddle and faff a bit then it will be a challenge. I reckon it would be ace for 3D sculpting... instant petals if you're quick with a brush.

I have the hard gels too and will do colour swatches of those soon as well.

I just did some colour pop sticks for Halo Acrylics today. The colours are particularly nice but the cover colours could be a bit more pigmented, had to build up to get good coverage. It has a lovely texture and consistency to work with and files down really, really easily.
One particular thing I notice about it is how fast it sets. Oh boy, it's fast!!! I was working in the late afternoon with the door open and the evening chill was descending so definitely not heat related. If ever a system needed a slower monomer this is it.

For some the fast setting speed would be handy but if you're a beginner or like to fiddle and faff a bit then it will be a challenge. I reckon it would be ace for 3D sculpting... instant petals if you're quick with a brush.

I have the hard gels too and will do colour swatches of those soon as well.
How crazy I have just seen this! Then you so much for your reply! I love the polish they have and been tempted to purchase the acrylics. I recently tried a test kit and yes sets really quickly! Now I'm looking for a gel review
Thank you again

Latest posts

Back