Purity gel polishes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ro ro

Reaction score
:biggrin: hi guys does anyone no about purity gel polish yet and how it stands up to the test it claims it stays on for 21 days I really want to try this but is it out yet x

Hi, Yes it is out now, was launched beginning of April and is selling for £xx + VAT per bottle. I've used it and believe me it does not budge! Great colours too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of interest I just found the website & had a browse. Is it the one step polish? And without sounding thick, by one step does it mean no base or top coat as I can't see them on the web?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

yes it is a one step polish, no base or top coat needed. I have tried 1 color a lovely green (not sure of the name).I normally use shellac and gelish and just picked it up to try,it went on really good and has a very glossy finish, no tacky layer either which will take some getting used to. My receptionist has had it on for 7 days with no problems, but i have not tried to remove it yet so can not comment on that. I used my shellac lamp but was told it would cure in a uv or led lamp. hth.

Im trying it out as well. Ive been using gellux these last few years and am extremely happy with it. However, the fact that there is no bonder, base or top coat and no wiping at the end did appeal to me. Ive been wearing Cornflower Blue over my acrylics (1 week in) and i have 1 of the girls wearing Mellow Yellow on natural nails. So far so good! Goes on a dream as well!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Bumping. Can anyone give an update as to the wear and longevity of the Purity One Step polish please?

I have the red carpet led lamp and have just bought some purity one step polish to try. I have tried it twice now and both times my nails have chipped after a couple of days despite capping the edges. I have never had this problem with other gel polishes so wondering what I am doing wrong. The red carpet led lamp cures for 45 seconds...is this long enough?
Many thanks in advance for any advice

I bought the Purity Hot Orange to try as it was new in the wholesalers and I liked the colour. I have found the following:

Positive Points:

🔹Colours are reasonably good but not extensive;
🔹It is quick to apply as only colour coats to go on;
🔹It is inexpensive.

Negative Points:

🔹It chipped on my nails within 24 hours;
🔹The initial shine dulls within a couple of days;
🔹It does not appear to be durable enough to withstand the wear my usual brand offers.

Conclusion:

Buy cheap, buy twice! I may try it with a base and top coat on myself to see if this improves the longevity of wear however, I certainly won't be offering this to my clients!

I would be interested to see what others think.

Hi, are there any new reviews for this out there.......anyone?

I bought the Purity Hot Orange to try as it was new in the wholesalers and I liked the colour. I have found the following:

Positive Points:

🔹Colours are reasonably good but not extensive;
🔹It is quick to apply as only colour coats to go on;
🔹It is inexpensive.

Negative Points:

🔹It chipped on my nails within 24 hours;
🔹The initial shine dulls within a couple of days;
🔹It does not appear to be durable enough to withstand the wear my usual brand offers.

Conclusion:

Buy cheap, buy twice! I may try it with a base and top coat on myself to see if this improves the longevity of wear however, I certainly won't be offering this to my clients!

I would be interested to see what others think.

Did you end up buying a top coat and trying with this? I've just had an email from a new supplier that's just moved in up the road advertising this and was wondering how it lasted with a top coat? Seems a little too good to be true but if I can do my own nails a little more quickly than I do it'd be a big help, Gelish is fine for clients but it's becoming a bit of a chore doing my own these days, is love something a little quicker xx

I've not tried it yet as it takes so long to do my own nails and I just haven't got the time to reapply if it chips!

There really is no need for a top or base coat just make sure the nail is prepped properly and not with acetone or a "prep and wipe" solution as this does interfere with the product.

In reply to the soaking off a new product called Express has been launched to make soaking off easier x

I have the red carpet led lamp and have just bought some purity one step polish to try. I have tried it twice now and both times my nails have chipped after a couple of days despite capping the edges. I have never had this problem with other gel polishes so wondering what I am doing wrong. The red carpet led lamp cures for 45 seconds...is this long enough?
Many thanks in advance for any advice
Purity must be cured for 2 minutes under a 12 watt LED lamp of a 36 watt UV lamp x

I've just used the one step purity on a client and she's only had it on for 5 days and every nail has chipped... Can anyone suggest why?? I prepped (cuticle removal, removing natural shine), applied the purity nail prep, cured for 2 mins, applied 1 coat of purity colour, cured for a 2 mins then applied another coat of colour and cured for 2 mins. She is a new client and usually has shellac at a different salon, she is officed based and therefore doesn't have a strenuous job

Sure there is lot of difference between normal and gel type nail polish. Now a day’s gel type nail polishes are loved by young girls.

Nail Art

Latest posts

Back