Pushy advertising salesperson

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justnailart

Reaction score
I have just had a very unpleasant phonecall from some marketing company claiming to be Google offering new businesses like mine a free 3 page website and first place on the front page of Google. At the start of the conversation everything was free for 31 days, then the price jumped to £100 and just the website was free! The guy was extremely pushy and extremely rude. He was not from Google at all but from an advertising company. When I turned down the offer he started raising his voice, making me feel very uncomfortable and threatened. After researching this company, they have some quite bad reviews so just a word of warning to you all to be on your guard as some offers may not be all they seem. :Love:

What company was it? X

I've sent you a PM. xx

There are a few threads on here about them.

I had a nasty one a few months ago who got very aggressive as I wouldnt give him my credit card details over the phone!

If this person didnt hide his number, google his number and i bet you will see hes tried to scam lots of other people.

I do not answer these calls anymore from dodgy looking numbers or private / withheld numbers.
Also, add your telephone number to the telephone preference service and the other one i think is called something like call prevention registery, maybe another geek can help there!.

If you do ever answer these calls again,just say you are sorted for advertising and you are not interested and do not call again!!!

iv had this before, what company was it? x

There are a few threads on here about them.

I had a nasty one a few months ago who got very aggressive as I wouldnt give him my credit card details over the phone!

If this person didnt hide his number, google his number and i bet you will see hes tried to scam lots of other people.

I do not answer these calls anymore from dodgy looking numbers or private / withheld numbers.
Also, add your telephone number to the telephone preference service and the other one i think is called something like call prevention registery, maybe another geek can help there!.

If you do ever answer these calls again,just say you are sorted for advertising and you are not interested and do not call again!!!

Thanks for the advice. :hug: My hubby checked them out when he finally revealed who he worked for & you're right, there were quite a few people saying they'd had problems with them. I've blocked the number now so hopefully that will be the end of it. It's just so easy for people to fall for these things, although the alarm bells did ring right from the start when he said he was from Google!! :lol:

Aggressive and threatening? Who the heck do some people think they are? I would love for him to phone me up, he wouldn't know what hit him. :twisted:

Now ladies I know it does not come naturally for all of us, it certainly didnt with me but when these people call.. it pays to be assertive and tell them straight.

You can also register with TPS TPS

Next time you have an unwanted marketing call of any kind, let them know that you are registered and that it is in fact illegal for them to be calling you, then log the details in here TPS

Hope it helps a bit :)

Now ladies I know it does not come naturally for all of us, it certainly didnt with me but when these people call.. it pays to be assertive and tell them straight.

You can also register with TPS TPS

Next time you have an unwanted marketing call of any kind, let them know that you are registered and that it is in fact illegal for them to be calling you, then log the details in here TPS

Hope it helps a bit :)

I have used that TPS for my home number in the past and it really does stop unwanted sales calls. If I ever get sales people my mobile I find a no thank you and ending the call works well :wink2:

Hi original poster can you please PM me the company details as well?

I've just had a visit from a rep who seemed confident more than pushy but promised me 1st page google, wants £250 to develop plus £100 per month, showed me other clients and where they list on google (on my laptop so wasnt' set up).

Seemed a lot of money but if you get what they promise its guaranteed new clients (apparently!!)

Cheers x

I just say to them,
"What do I do again?"
"You're a hair and beauty salon"
"Yes that's correct, how do I make money?"
"You provide hair and beauty treatments"
"Yes that's correct, and what are you stopping me from doing now?"
"Well if that's the way you want to be like then you will never get anywhere in business"
"I have and I will, goodbye!!!"

Obviously this is saved for the mean and horrible sales people. It really grieves me that they keep you on the phone for so long and not get to the point!!!x

I am in advertising sales and I am the awful person calling you! Lol. Luckily I am only on the phone for a minute because I am only trying to et yor attention to arrange a meetig with you: i actually come and visit you and show you things in person.

Firstly, If anyone promises you that they can get you first page of google they are lying. Run a mile. Google is a law unto itself - the best we can do is manipulate it so that your website can work hard for you.

At best I will say I have achieved this ranking on google for this business. I cannot guarantee you the same success but if I can do it for them then why can't I do it for you?!

I would never guarantee anyone anything - its all about managing a customers expectations.

Eg if someone comes in for a shellac manicure you would say "it can last for 2-3 weeks" but it's different for different people but that's the potential of it

I hope that makes sense?! Lol

D xx

I just put the phone down on them. Works for me :biggrin:

I've registered with TPS and its the best thing I did, I've had a handful of calls since rather than daily/weekly calls. Xx

I actually had a go at the TPS lady when she called, and only realised who it was once I had dumped the call.

TPS lady, if you are out there I am sorry, I thought you were one of those calls again.. oops!

TPS was the best thing I ever did though, the calls I get are minimal now.

Thank you for all your lovely replies! I will sure check out TPS. I just wanted to urge people to check out these offers thoroughly first to make sure what is being offered is gonna work for them. Why spend loads on advertising when free ads & word of mouth get you clients? I don't mind being contacted if the salesperson is reasonable & takes no for an answer if I say it! After all, we all have to earn a living! xx

Train your staff to vet your calls :)
These blood suckers never get through to me in the first place :)
If I happen to answer the phone I just say sorry the boss is off today, when they ask when is she in next I just say whenever she feels like it lol!
My clients think its funny lol

HaHa!! some of these replies are making me giggle!! Gonna have to use them next time!! xx

Hi
Could you pm me the name of the company please? I am having huge problems with a similar sort of thing and am interested to find out if its the same company. Thanks x

for gods sake girls, how many times do you need telling - if you dont like the call - HANG UP!

Latest posts

Back