Putting a stop to false advertising, application and information of lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3 WISHES

Reaction score
Ok so I work in a salon where we offer everything we have all been fully trained insured etc. there's a couple of salons around the area where there are therapists not fully qualified and out of there depth who are just trying to make a quick buck!!! They are using cluster lashes with semi permanent lash glue and advertise them as 6 week lashes!!! Every properly trained therapist would know that this is not the correct way of doing things and can seriously do some damage!! I've got clients coming in with these monstrositys and really can't c what's wrong with them!! My question is is there anybody I could report these salons to? Clients don't know what's good and bad for there treatments that's our job!! Sort major rant just had enough!! Lol xx

Don't know that there is anyone other than HABIA. You couold talk to your local paper's beauty/women interest journalists about the issue ( not of course mentioning other salons in the area) they might want to do a piece in the local rag to educate women in your area - who knows, they might even do a profile on your salon.

Thank you I got so carried away ranting I didn't think of habia lol and the paper is also a brilliant idea thanks x

No probs - frustrating!

Ok so I work in a salon where we offer everything we have all been fully trained insured etc. there's a couple of salons around the area where there are therapists not fully qualified and out of there depth who are just trying to make a quick buck!!! They are using cluster lashes with semi permanent lash glue and advertise them as 6 week lashes!!! Every properly trained therapist would know that this is not the correct way of doing things and can seriously do some damage!! I've got clients coming in with these monstrositys and really can't c what's wrong with them!! My question is is there anybody I could report these salons to? Clients don't know what's good and bad for there treatments that's our job!! Sort major rant just had enough!! Lol xx

I have had this with various treatments but the worst was with permanent make up, would you believe that there is not much that actually can be done about that either, I have had a woman come to me asking what I could do to help her, I sent her to her GP first as she clearly had an infection and explained that her dreadful jet black badly placed tattooed brows would need to be removed by laser before I could touch them. The council warned the untrained, unlicensed, uninsured woman who did that to her to stop but they can't really do much and it happens more than we can imagine, the sooner they really tighten regs within beauty and aesthetics the better and safer it will be, for the paying client but also for professionals who have trained and do things properly, only thing you can do is contact Habia as someone else suggested or ask your local authorities, or better still suggest the client treated badly does it, give them the details to contact and tell them to get a photo :-( xx

Latest posts

Back