Qualification equivalents

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jillybob

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, wondering if any of you can help my old brain work out something I have been wondering for a while. When I first trained in the Beauty industry back in 1992 there were 3 qualifications in Scotland...NC, HNC and HND. Nowadays there are all sorts NVQ levels and all sorts. I only trained to NC level to get a basic understanding and have gone on to do further courses in the treatments that I really wanted to do. Do any of you know which level of qualification NC is in today's market? Please don't aske me to contact SQA as they've already proven to be a bunch of numpties with my recent contact with them on a very simple matter ;) cheers x

Hi

If, as I think, NC stands for national certificate(?), then this is equivalent to a level 3 diploma in today's terms - this has equivalency to NVQ levels 2 and 3. However...... The old national certificates and national diplomas, while at the same level, contained differing amounts of units (cert=10 and diploma=16).

I hope this helps....

J

Your a wee gem, thanks for clearing that up for me :lol:

Latest posts

Back