Qualified in CND Shellac & other brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CurlyWurly1986

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm recently qualified in Shellac and would like to also use other brands to enable choice. I wondered regarding insurance, would I be able to use other gel polish brands with my CND shellac qualification as it does include manicure.

Thanks

Hi,
I'm recently qualified in Shellac and would like to also use other brands to enable choice. I wondered regarding insurance, would I be able to use other gel polish brands with my CND shellac qualification as it does include manicure.

Thanks
Out of curiosity why do you want to use other brands? I personally would just stick to shellack if that’s what you’ve trained in, but your insurance should cover you for other brands of your following the manufacturers guidelines and using the correct lamp for your brand.

Mixing brands gets expensive by the time you've bought Base coats, top coats and the correct lamp!

Generically yes you can use any brand you wish. Always best to check with your insurers first though

Hi,

Thanks
Yes you should be able to as you’re now qualified in the service and not just a brand. Many techs carry more than one gel polish line, and provided you follow each manufacturers guidelines it won’t be a problem.

Some companies say you can’t use any other brand other than theirs. When I did gel training with OPI they said I can’t use any other brand. I’ve not long done a course with gateway workshops, who are universal, so you can use any brand. Some insurances can be funny with it too. I plan to find brands and products that I like, and save up for a conversion course if needed x

Latest posts

Back