Quality of training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mum

Reaction score
I just want to bring the attention back to the quality of training!

It is not about the cost of training! It is all about the quality of the trainer! Plus the content of the course and the length of time given to REAL teaching.

There is a 'stickey' on this forum that explains the basic minimum. This is a start. The skills of the teacher is the key.

I try really hard not to criticize any course and just point out the reality.

A short course provided by an amazing teacher to a student that 'gets it' in a 'moment' will be fantastic! 'Nails' are not easily 'got'! They take a hard slog at learning, understanding and practising on many, many different 'clients' for the vast majority.

So, I will say again: it is NOT possible to learn 3 different systems in a few days. It is NOT possible to learn manicure in 1 day.

It MAY be possible to learn the basics from an excellent teacher in a short time but loads of practice and a return to learning following the practice is essential.

A professional nail technician is NOT a career that can be picked up after a week of learning. Neither is it a career that can become successful after a course from an unskilled teacher.

So, if you are serious, look at the quality of the teacher rather than the cost.

A course that can lead to insurance does not mean it is a good course! This is not the measure.

I can give no specific route to take other than searching on this site to find real feedback. That is a sad comment on the quality of training for this industry.

Its so very confusing though because if a course is insurable and accredited everyone thinks it must be good.I think the insurers accrediting the courses have a lot to answer.How does anyone who wants to start in the industry and is looking for a good course know that accredited really doesnt mean that they will get good training or someone looking for a good therapist will actually get one just because they are insured and belong to a professional body.

Amen to all of the above!
My initial private training course cost less then the local college anyway AND the quality in my opinion was better!
If only it was that easy- I qualified in october with just 1 system and have had further 121's since and still have many more courses planned and I'm STILL not at a level I'm happy to charge top prices with! I dont think I ever will be!

Latest posts

Back