Query with Loreal 5.64 please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi ,Im after some advice please...Im currently using Loreal and Ive only done bits and pieces of colouring before ie : root touch up and highlights,but In a few weeks I have a new client who wants her roots doing and a low lights putting through .She has a natural root growth base 8 , mid lengths and ends tinted 10 , and she wants Loreal 5.64 low lights scattered through.
Im thinking of going in with foils first with the 5.64 ...how would I go about doing this ? Do I need to make up two different bowls one for roots with 30 vol peroxide in and one with 10 vol for mid lengths and ends ? would 5.64 work on a base of 10 or would it come out too much copper ,she wants a red but chose the 5.64 ? Then i will go in and doing a root retouch with a Majerel high lift tint ,how does this sound ?

I don't use L'Oréal so can't comment on colour choices however if your client is a natural base 8 at roots, you won't need 30vol peroxide.... You are darkening to a level 5 so you will only need 10vol for this

I don't use loreal but...
Am I right in thinking a .6 in loreal is red? So it's a red copper level 5 you'll be using? You don't need 2 bowls just one with 10 vol (or whatever the equivalent is In loreal)

So the client is blonde all over (presumably a level 10 root you will be achieving with a highlift on a base 8) with redy copper lowlights?

How much of the lowlight will you put in? I've never used a level 5 to lowlight on a full head of blonde, when using copper I only go down to a 7, and for red on blonde I just say no full stop

I don't use loreal but...
Am I right in thinking a .6 in loreal is red? So it's a red copper level 5 you'll be using? You don't need 2 bowls just one with 10 vol (or whatever the equivalent is In loreal)

So the client is blonde all over (presumably a level 10 root you will be achieving with a highlift on a base 8) with redy copper lowlights?

How much of the lowlight will you put in? I've never used a level 5 to lowlight on a full head of blonde, when using copper I only go down to a 7, and for red on blonde I just say no full stop

Yes thats correct ,aiming for blonde all over with red lowlights scattered through .5.64 is a light extra red copper brown .Why not red on blonde ,because it could come out pink ?

Can u do a test piece ?
Loreal don t do a 10vol ,
So u would need to use 5/64 + 20vol . Weave on your foils and then apply your root colour in between . Be extra careful when u rinse as it can easily merge into a pinky mess !
I would put conditioner on the blonde bits to prevent the red staining . And rinse each foil thoroughly !

Yes thats correct ,aiming for blonde all over with red lowlights scattered through .5.64 is a light extra red copper brown .Why not red on blonde ,because it could come out pink ?
Yes as Lisa explained above :)

I just think red & blonde is yucky but that's just me :rolleyes: put a pic up when your done tho I'd love to see :)

Can u do a test piece ?
So u would need to use 5/64 + 20vol . Weave on your foils and then apply your root colour in between . Be extra careful when u rinse as it can easily merge into a pinky mess !
I would put conditioner on the blonde bits to prevent the red staining . And rinse each foil thoroughly !
Yes as Lisa explained above :)

I just think red & blonde is yucky but that's just me :rolleyes: put a pic up when your done tho I'd love to see :)

Glad its not just me then ,I did think ergh really ? When she said she wanted it ,she has done it before somewhere else so I guess she liked it .Ill post a pic,not booked in for another 3 weeks though.. :)

Can u do a test piece ?

I have taken a strand test ,to be honest as I dont do hairdressing all the time ,I end up with colours I do tests with and if they dont come out right Im left with a colour I might not use again ,so was hoping someone else has used it at some point

I have seen a few pics flying round Facebook of red and blonde , but to me it looks old fashioned as we used to do it in the 90's !

12-blonde-hairstyles-red-highlights.jpg

How would I achieve this look with foils??? this looks ok .:)

8.04 or possibly 7.43, 8.31, 8.3 & bleach in the order of bleach 8.31 8.3 then the copper I don't use loreal tho so you'd need to pick the right copper off the chart

12-blonde-hairstyles-red-highlights.jpg

How would I achieve this look with foils??? this looks ok .:)
This is not what I would call standard highlight. It colour placement. If you look closely at the top there is quite a large bleach area running under the top copper panel and I also see a beige/ dark blonde colour running through.and the ends are a chuncky defined colour too not blended hls hope I'm not over stepping the mark explaining it to you.
I would use 8.34 with 20vol no 10vol in loreal
Lightener
And maybe fine slices of 7.13 20 bol

Latest posts

Back