Question about gels please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne91

Reaction score
Hi there, my sister is a nail tech and has just started using gels, she has bough alot of GELAC colours and the top an base coat, she did mine red for me the other day in GELAC and I fancied abit of nail art...lol, im not the plain type as you'd probably guess, so she did me a few flicks with her stripers, then top coated, we then cured them in the lamp for the 3 mins then she went to wipe the sticky bit off an off came my nail art too...!!! lol, does anyone know why? and if so what she should do differently? Thanks xx

Hi there, my sister is a nail tech and has just started using gels, she has bough alot of GELAC colours and the top an base coat, she did mine red for me the other day in GELAC and I fancied abit of nail art...lol, im not the plain type as you'd probably guess, so she did me a few flicks with her stripers, then top coated, we then cured them in the lamp for the 3 mins then she went to wipe the sticky bit off an off came my nail art too...!!! lol, does anyone know why? and if so what she should do differently? Thanks xx

The top coat may not have been quite thick enough, you could try a second coat after curing then wipe or maybe just apply it a little thicker, I use shellac and that's what I would do, hth xx

The top coat may not have been quite thick enough, you could try a second coat after curing then wipe or maybe just apply it a little thicker, I use shellac and that's what I would do, hth xx

Thankyou"!!x I will pass that on to my sister as i like a bit of nail art but loving the gels at the min!! do you mind me asking... why shellac and not gelac? is there a difference would you say? thanks xx

Also i think if using acrylic paints then the surface needs to be not shiny as they can just slip off the surface.. xxx

Thankyou"!!x I will pass that on to my sister as i like a bit of nail art but loving the gels at the min!! do you mind me asking... why shellac and not gelac? is there a difference would you say? thanks xx

I'm not familiar with gelac prep and application but the shellac is designed to be applied with no buffing of the nail plate and removal is a lot quicker so it's very kind to the natural nail I do use others like the young nails mani q colour but for natural healthy
nails shellac is the best IMHO xx

oh i see,
and its just the normal nail art stripers we were using... there just like your standard nail varnishes but with thin brushes...:Grope:

i would apply two coats after nail art and make sure shes cured for two mins. Then it should be fine :biggrin:

i would apply two coats after nail art and make sure shes cured for two mins. Then it should be fine :biggrin:

thanks xx

Latest posts

Back