question about hd brows?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilgemgem

Reaction score
does anyone have any before and after pictures of hd brows??
I really want to know if its worth doing the course,
whats you guys opinions?

Iv done this course, and it was great. It is costly, there is no doubt about that, and it will take a lot of brow clients to make the costs back, (when you consider that you charge approx £30 per treatment). For me, it was an itch that wouldnt go away lol. I had changed my mind so many times about doing it! I really enjoyed the course, but dont think you will come away being able to do the prefect hd brow straight away. It does take a lot of practise to get the perfection that Nilam and her team get. Clients have to also be aware that it can take a number of hd treatments to get great brows, (if they need to grow in etc) Think of it more like a brow rehab!
Taking all that into account, I am glad that I did the course.

Any links to courses?

Iv done this course, and it was great. It is costly, there is no doubt about that, and it will take a lot of brow clients to make the costs back, (when you consider that you charge approx £30 per treatment). For me, it was an itch that wouldnt go away lol. I had changed my mind so many times about doing it! I really enjoyed the course, but dont think you will come away being able to do the prefect hd brow straight away. It does take a lot of practise to get the perfection that Nilam and her team get. Clients have to also be aware that it can take a number of hd treatments to get great brows, (if they need to grow in etc) Think of it more like a brow rehab!
Taking all that into account, I am glad that I did the course.

thank you, do you think that you could get the look of hd brows without doing the course just by waxing and tinting, tweezing and threading? and if you have waxed the brow how is there hair to thread? sorry for asking im just really interested in the hd brow. x

thank you, do you think that you could get the look of hd brows without doing the course just by waxing and tinting, tweezing and threading? and if you have waxed the brow how is there hair to thread? sorry for asking im just really interested in the hd brow. x

Yes I do, I always did brows with tints - using grey (no one would listen when I used to rave about the grey tint for brows ) I used to give clients a free brow tint just to get them hooked to show them how I could make their over plucked brows more defintion and an overall better shape. I really enjoyed the reaction when they saw their finished brows in the mirror.

I think you start to get a feel with brows - you just kind of know how to get them looking good.

When I had my salon - I used to do loads of brows - but my progress with brows wasn't overnight - it was from years of practising, SO - if you want to learn everything about brows - I do think this type of course will get you there quicker.

Yes I do, I always did brows with tints - using grey (no one would listen when I used to rave about the grey tint for brows ) I used to give clients a free brow tint just to get them hooked to show them how I could make their over plucked brows more defintion and an overall better shape. I really enjoyed the reaction when they saw their finished brows in the mirror.

I think you start to get a feel with brows - you just kind of know how to get them looking good.

When I had my salon - I used to do loads of brows - but my progress with brows wasn't overnight - it was from years of practising, SO - if you want to learn everything about brows - I do think this type of course will get you there quicker.

Hi sorry to piggy back on your thread, but could you explain about the grey tint, usually I moox a bit of brown and black and apply with mascara wand. Very interested to hear about the grey, also is it readily available at sallys or capitals wholesalers.

Thanks

Dawn

yes i was also wondering about the grey tint, usually i add back and brown together, never thought about using grey, do they use grey with the hd brows?

i've been doing hd brows for years, just not calling or charging the same - tinting, waxing and tweezing. don't know why there's such a fuss re. threading - it's doing exactly the same thing as tweezing.

well I don't do all of it but I have just learn't threading. I think to have all of those tools open to you would be a great thing if you've got the clients for it and that is your business.
I have no particular interest in learning any of the other tools as I don't consider myself a beauty therapist.

yes i was also wondering about the grey tint, usually i add back and brown together, never thought about using grey, do they use grey with the hd brows?

I always use grey but usually mixed with brown. I often find brown tints a bit too reddy and the grey makes them more neutral. Definitely better for fairer clients x

I always use grey but usually mixed with brown. I often find brown tints a bit too reddy and the grey makes them more neutral. Definitely better for fairer clients x

thank you for that advice, i think i will get some grey and try it out, x

and THATS what this forum is all about!
think Pazzy could do with a few reps for a fab tip!

For me, i wanted to do hd brows for the whole package. yes, i knew how to tint eye brow shape etc, but i did learn things i didnt know. Nilam and her team are amazing at what they do, and their vision of how a brow should look on a face is something else. I also wanted the marketing support that hd offer. As I said, Iv said, I had to stop thinking of making the money back quickly, for me thats not going to happen. hth x

So basically HD brows is tinting, waxing, tweezing/threading?
I do everything bar threading so could I then offer HD brows?

It is a bit more than that, but that is part of what is involved, yes. Any therapist can offer a brow service, but obviously, couldnt call it HD Brows as the HD brand is fiercly defended. hth xx

It is a bit more than that, but that is part of what is involved, yes. Any therapist can offer a brow service, but obviously, couldnt call it HD Brows as the HD brand is fiercly defended. hth xx

Yes its a system like no other as Cabinkel said, I posted a long time ago, I did say and still feel, "think you know about brow shaping? not till you have been and done this" I still back this and doing it their way, is the best.

Kel did you see Heidi Worman? she is brill and from you neck of the woods.

Su x

I am doing the course next month so i will let you all know (in my usual honest/blunt way) how it goes.
Am rather excited actually. Plus 2 nights all to myself in a hotel-bliss :)

Do they teach you threading on the course? Thanks x

Yes they teach threading. I had a go at threading once before and i was lousy so they will have their work cut out :lol:

Latest posts

Back