Question about top gloss Akzentz

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giulie

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I am using Akzentz Gels since 3 months, and I love them! I do nails since almost 4 years and worked with Alessandro Gels before. However, I changed to Akzentz and I am really happy! The only problem I have, is with the top gloss. I can do only one nail at once, not more. Well, that wouldn't be the problem, but most time it happens that some nails are not shining. I know, these gels should not be applied too think, I found that out already because if applied too thin there are some spots on the nail with no gel left. but this isn't it, it is that the whole nail is not shining at all. some do, but not as extreme as I was used to with other sealer gels before.

After filing the nails with a 100 file, I clean the nail with a dust brush, then wipe it with alcohol and let it completely dry. then I do one nail only and I have two lamps with 4 bulbs each, 9 watt. I cure it for 2 minutes, and I also tried to cure it for 2.30 minutes, after that i clean the nails again with alcohol, and as soon the alcohol dries some nails don't shine. I am desperate...what am I doing wrong? Thank you so much for your help!

Hi Alexandra
I have answered your private email. I personally never use anything after filing & shaping (& never a 100 grit file) just dust really well (I am fanatical about dust!), then apply top gloss, curing for 2 minutes. I love the top glosses as the shine is so good. Can you let me know in a PM which batch number you have??
Best wishes

KarenS.
NPB
~~~~~

Hi, I had the same problem with the top gloss when I was using my 9 watt light. Once I started using my 36 watt lights the problem seemed to go away. I think you need to cure the gel a little longer when using a 9 watt light. Instead of 2 minutes, try 2 1/2 or 3 minutes.hth

Also, I always use the akzentz gel cleaner and find this gives a better result than alcohol. Hope these things may clear up the problem.

Hi People!

I think I solved the problem by spending 2 hours on it after work yesterday ;-)

It is indeed the alcohol. As I used regular alcohol, it took the shine away from the sealer because it seems to be too agressive. I tried to clean it with something else than alcohol and the shine is great!

I am also using 36 watt lamps, as I said the lamp has 4 bulbs with 9 watt each. I am using 100 grit files since a long time as I am quickest with these. When I started to do nails 4 years ago, I filed with 180 grits but it is just too much work especially for people with long nails, I am much quicker with a 100 file. Also the french gels stick better the more scratchy the surface is.

I am happy I found the problem now! Akzentz is really the best gel I have ever used, and I can guarantee this because I do about 120 customers per month alone, with no employees. It is great, since I use Akzentz I enjoy doing nails even more! :)

Have a good day!
Regards, from Switzerland (very hot here right now!)

Giulie said:
Hi People!

I think I solved the problem by spending 2 hours on it after work yesterday ;-)

It is indeed the alcohol. As I used regular alcohol, it took the shine away from the sealer because it seems to be too agressive. I tried to clean it with something else than alcohol and the shine is great!

Out of curiosity, what did you use in place of regular alcohol?

I use Akzentz gel cleaner and Young Nails' Swipe (that is nothing but acetone + alcohol + blue color) and the result is very shiny, but some friends also experienced the same issue. Not sure what they used to clean it, though.

Although I love Akzentz gels, the Top Gloss is the one I don't like that much. Tack free sealants are easier and faster to apply. IBD Intense Seal and Young Nails Finish work flawlessly over Akzentz gels, even Options. But I'd really love Akzentz to make a similar product.

Bonjour Frank!
It is on my wish list & I have mentioned it to Akzentz some time ago, we shall just have to wait & see, but as you know they are very good at listening to us :lol:
I use either Akzentz lemon gel wipe or another of my old favourites from before Akzentz - both work equally well.

Guten Tag Alex! - Akzentz is easily filed - I use a 180 & usually there is not a lot of filing to do. 120 clients a month - phew! thats good going!

Best wishes

KarenS.

NPB

~~~~~~~~

hello

I use Akzentz gel cleaner only and not probleme,
not alcool, it is not the product recommended !

lisa

Latest posts

Back