Question for Biosculpture Geeks - re: Soaking off your own overlays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helbels

Reaction score
Hi Biosculpture Geeks

What do you find the easiest way to soak off your own overlays?

I can't seem to do the foil/soaked wonderwipe method - I find that as I put the foils on all my nails, it gets really fiddly and i cant do them tight enough - not to mention trying to then get a wheat bag or hot water bottle on them.

Soaking off in a bowl seems to use loads of remover, and the Fingerspas always really hurt my fingers!

Any tips??

Helen.

:lol:LOL.. I know what you mean , I usually use the bowl method , but like you say it wastes product...but I only use this way on myself.

Do you soak off both hands at the same time with foils, may be one hand at a time would be better if not?

Hi I use Le Chat but the removal is the same, I know what you mean about the foil method, I usually get my partner to apply mine after I tell him what to do lol..or use a bowl resting in another bowl of warm water, I don't use loads of remover, just enough to soak the nails in and place a towel over the top of my hands ..xxx

Lol Debbie, I know it sounds really really dumb but I never thought of doing 1 hand at a time!!! :green: My other problem is that 15 mins seems like AN AGE when soaking off my own nails, I can't resist prodding and poking after about 7 mins which just makes a big mess and is damaging my nails, but yet I still do it! What am I like??:eek:

Lol Debbie, I know it sounds really really dumb but I never thought of doing 1 hand at a time!!! :green: My other problem is that 15 mins seems like AN AGE when soaking off my own nails, I can't resist prodding and poking after about 7 mins which just makes a big mess and is damaging my nails, but yet I still do it! What am I like??:eek:

Well Im worst than that but I wont say what I do coz people will scream at me , but I do regreat it later I must say .Soak off is such a boring procedure, fortunatly with Bio its quicker than acrylic, but I read on here once not to keep checking it , so that might help too .

Know what you mean, im left handed so right hand fine, I find tearing a larger piece of foil and wrapping it round like a sweet paper at the end is the easiest.

As for taking time, try wrapping at night then sitting down with a nice glass of wine, amazing how much quicker it goes:wink2:

Know what you mean, im left handed so right hand fine, I find tearing a larger piece of foil and wrapping it round like a sweet paper at the end is the easiest.

As for taking time, try wrapping at night then sitting down with a nice glass of wine, amazing how much quicker it goes:wink2:

OMG that could be potentially hazzarderous to me , one glass wouldnt be enough, and then Id be falling asleep and waking up four hours later !!:lol:

I want to know what you do to your Nails Debbie??!!!1

Well Im worst than that but I wont say what I do coz people will scream at me , but I do regreat it later I must say .Soak off is such a boring procedure, fortunatly with Bio its quicker than acrylic, but I read on here once not to keep checking it , so that might help too .

Dont tell me???? you bite 'em off :eek: ouch

I also find doing one hand at at time is the key. I too find it impossible to wait the 15 min. so I put a nice tight fitting nitrile glove overtop and then I can even do the laundry while I wait. It keeps those foils right where they should be!

I put a nice tight fitting nitrile glove overtop and then I can even do the laundry while I wait. It keeps those foils right where they should be!

I like this idea - its the sitting around that I cant cope with whilst soaking off my own!:)

I bought a quick soak bowl which works a treat....

Latest posts

Back